1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jailbreak Server improvements and suggestions!

Discussion in 'Server Problems & Suggestions' started by TheCookieMonster, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Vengeance

Vengeance Senior Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

Not every round needs to start with one step out face your cells... smart cts can maybe use the when cells open rush to medic or a point in the map away from the vent cell that’s what happened in the olden days and that gives afk players a chance to come back and not killed. This works on Lego for the slow vip cells and would work on most maps

• Like Like x 1
  2. kenny7

kenny7 The Experienced
    Donator

We have a section and a thread where you can suggest maps that can be added on the servers.

Section of servers: https://hellclan.co.uk/forums/31/

Jailbreak server: https://hellclan.co.uk/threads/1109/

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  3. Jan

Jan The Experienced
    Donator

Usually, warden lets them out later after moving the majority of Ts to isolation. But there are people who die as stated. That is a flaw with closing cells early so...
    Cleary we have to try to increase the opening time for cells.

4. Suicide

Suicide Senior Member

Couldnt be arshed to read 3 pages of arguing. Most of the time you can see when someone is afk ( not a single movement with keyboard or mouse at the first 20 secs or so, this person standing exactly the way you spawn ). This way you can also notice players that want to join in on the round.

Fake afking can bring advantages such as accessible vents etc when you open the cells, so people could take advantage of this.

What I always do is command normally, when I notice an afk player or someone in cells I call out their name to come back. If they dont after like 5/10 seconds they get the bullet.

If they are there, I command the other Ts who are out already to stack in a corner. This way these Ts have a harder time to rebel ( use vents/pick up guns inside cells ) and the Ts that were stuck can be easily commaned to come out and checked by CTs.

5 seconds to come out of your cell is plenty. Its not hard to press W and walk through an opening. However, these Ts stuck inside cell with nowhere to go shouldnt be killed because they coulndt get out imo. This is very triggerhappy.

The way I play jailbreak is to have fun with as much people as possible. Some commanders are proud after commanding 6 Ts around and let them play a game and that is fine. But dont go killing people instantly at the start of a round for being in their cell, not facing cells or not crouching. I try to command as much Ts around the map as possible, also to challenge myself.

I think everyone has a brief thinking to do. You want to have fun, I want to have fun and the player who couldn't get out cells wants to have fun. Dont go around ruining peoples gameplay. Just be nice to each other and try to have fun both ways.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 7, 2020, Original Post Date: Jun 7, 2020 ---
    I also think it is your own responsibility to not be afk. Waiting long rounds while being dead is part of jailbreak. If you are afk, tabbed out or whatever, it is not the fault of the commander in my opinion. You are also responsible of not being afk. If you cant wait and quickly wanted to send a steam message to someone and therefore couldnt get out, it is your own problem.

5. RSWReece

RSWReece Member
    Donator

I think the discussion here boils down to do we give longer than 5 seconds for people to get out of cells and if they don't leave during that period of time, do we instantly kill them. I find this to be unnecessary personally. In most popular maps (LegoJail, VIP, Brikkenwood, Summer, Minecraft) the T's are moved from outside of their cells to another place within the cell block before they are transported to a game (Bottom of cell stairs, roulette button, cell button). I really don't see any harm in opening the cells for the 5 seconds, closing the cells and then moving the T's to that location within the cell block and letting people back out who were AFK/joined late. i don't think there's really anything to be lost from doing this and it just seems a tad unnecessary to instantly kill them.

A lot of the issues that are being brought up here are with keeping the cell doors open for a prolonged period of time, which isn't necessary. They can be opened, closed, T's moved and then re-opened and closed to allow the stragglers. I don't know if this necessarily needs to be a rule though, as I just thought it was common sense...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ara Ara

Ara Ara Member

I don't see why people are still arguing about this most people have second monitors, steam overlay or can just tab out and hear the in game counter terrorists win or terrorists win noise to know the round is over. people just need to stop going afk and asking why they got killed, people are here to enjoy games and play them, not sit in cell area for 4 mins doing the one step afk freeze face the back of your cell game or sit in big cage for an extra minute because we have to warn every afk we shoot and if people are complaining about dying at the start of a round and not having the patience to wait for the next one, then just don't rebel?

This is all getting awfully complicated, if someone isnt following orders, warning shot them, then kill them, like everyone else. I don't see why this wont apply to afks, warning shot, then kill them. just because they're afk does not give them a special status in that its a freekill if they die. That's just wrong, if you're afk and everyone else is in big cage, you get a warning shot, if you don't come back from being afk then you die, simple as, that's how it always was and still is. Just because some people are not bothering to warning shot does not matter in the slightest, they are still not following orders but yes in that case now its considered thappy by the rules. Even if you're not afk in cells nearly every single ct will ask in chat or on mic these words "what do we do with people in cells" its wardens job to decide, if he feels the t's are rebelling too much and the score is 2-8 or its a map like new summer then please by all means I hope that commander says kill them. if its spy v spy and the score is like 6 - 1 then I hope in that case the commander would move the stack and come back to cells to command the others to get back. in the end It's just a game if you're gonna go afk and miss out on a round that is your own fault just stop finding new rules that have to force ct's to follow and even more strict guide and potentially "freekill" a afk because theres a rule saying you must verbally warn them the idea of rules is to stop free kills not create more.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Boy

Boy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Some people clearly dont bother reading, not surprised.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Ara Ara

Ara Ara Member

: )

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Dule

Dule Member

@Boy i think,you should add that ALL CT-S have laser,but warden have one color ,and all other CT-s got like purple. So when warden is not in area where are Terrorists,other CT-S with laser can show where is thing what warden did say to go/do. Beacuse there are new players sometime or people didn't play map,so don't know what to do. Thats my Suggest!

10. The Secret

The Secret Member

They can see their teammates on radar (minimap)

11. Skip

Skip Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

this would get massively abused and honestly it would be a clusterfuck

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. WildFire

WildFire Administrator

No sorry we won't be adding this. We can't have all CTs messing around with lasers.

13. Suicide

Suicide Senior Member

It would be nice, a disco show every round :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Lino

Lino Veteran Member
    Donator

Making it so the laser doesn't need a deagle to shine, and that the command key can be changed to F instead of E so wardens don't accidentally turn on or off games when directing the T's where to go with the laser?

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Suicide

Suicide Senior Member

Lino please.. When using a laser, dont look at buttons. Its that simple. You could simplify everything or just use your brain a bit...

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Wazblaz

Wazblaz Veteran Member
    Mapper Donator

I think it’s a good quality of life improvement actually...

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. Brandon

Brandon The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

I think I saw this or something like this suggestion but I cannot find it, hence: Can we get an auto-kick for AFK spectators? Or, to keep player count up as high as possible, add a script so spectators do not register as 'required votes' for RTV, votekick, votectban, votemap etc?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Japi

Japi Member
    Donator

alot of the zombie escape servers have this, i dont imagine itd be to hard to put in...

19. Conner

Conner Administrator

I agree mate, I tend to kick AFK's regardless.

People often ask why you kicking them, server isn't full. It's because of voting and rtv's.. ^^

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Brandon

Brandon The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

Can we get rid of the auto map time reset when CT team is empty and someone joins CT? This is kinda annoying when not many people are on the server and someone leaves the CT team and then the map gets reset to 30:00 :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2