1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jailbreak Server improvements and suggestions!

Discussion in 'Server Problems & Suggestions' started by TheCookieMonster, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Waleed

Waleed Senior Member
    Donator

i was looking for a post so i can suggest maps to be added be didn't find so am just gonna suggest it here.

jb_electric_razor_v6

it's a fun map ive played it couple of times it will be good if we can see it added.

2. Japi

Japi Member
    Donator

I agree with @Mrzippy, but the problem with that is the CT’s often DONT have common sense, I think a good middle ground would be if maybe there was some sort of rule saying, CT’s can’t kill T’s in cells until like 30 seconds to a minutes after cells are open, the only exceptions are if T’s leave cells then re enter or if rebelling (guns knifing vents) which they can be killed on sight. Thoughts?

3. Ara Ara

Ara Ara Member

Bad rule, people can cell hop and pretend to be afk and end up getting slayed for nothing, the only rule that should be added is none in my eyes, cells open and close, warden decides if they can come back if they were afk, if not they die and get punished for leaving and coming back mid round that is their own fault not a CT. The only way I can see this ever being a freekill is if cells opened and a t closes them and a CT kills t's who are not afk in cells. I don't see why a special rule should be added saying cells need to be kept open, or afks can only be killed after a certain amount of time, t's already have enough advantages as is and I don't see why a rule should be added to give them even more of one if abused. If you don't want to die in cells just don't go afk, most cell doors open at 8:30 leaving plenty of time for people to get out of cells and from my knowledge as long as people aren't afk counting down from 5 seconds slowly is PLENTY of time for t's to leave a small cell excluding vip cells like the one in vipinthemix. Again this all comes down to opinions and thoughts from different people, for example some commanders will always command jump to die shift follow me no matter what or some commanders don't even gun check, it all comes down to personal preference and that's what makes jailbreak unique in the way no round is the same.

However I do agree on a rule being made that the same games cannot be played multiple times. I'm getting tired of playing colours on new summer round after round :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Japi

Japi Member
    Donator

Yeah had some time to think ab it I agree with Sun. I also agree with not playing multiple games more than once, help the wardens get more creative and help players keep coming back as there’s still more to do

5. Jan

Jan The Experienced
    Donator

Rule 4: CTs should give warnings before killing people, except if it’s a rebelling or an escaping T.
    We have a rule that covers it partially. I would rather suggest that we change the "CTs SHOULD give warning" too "CTs MUST give warning" on the CT jb rules. I think this will help and reduce the Thappy CTs who are looking for kills. As they MUST give warning, e.g verbal warning or warningshot.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 7, 2020, Original Post Date: Jun 7, 2020 ---
    You monkey, I already suggest the map here https://hellclan.co.uk/threads/1109/page-64
    :rolleyes:

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Japi

Japi Member
    Donator

I
    Hm I think one problem that can arise is one that plagues the other JB server of CTs being too afraid to kill T’s based on rules, I agree that warning shots should be required but honestly I think admins do a decent job keeping the thappy ness down

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jan

Jan The Experienced
    Donator

The risks for CTs keeping cells for open extra 25 seconds.
    Having cells open for the unnecessary amount will lead to a lot of players rebelling as their will be a larger timeframe of opportunity to rebel.
    To fix this I usually have a "strategy". To open and close cell within a short time, then clear the gun(if there are any), then relocate the majority of the Ts to a place where there is small to none possibility to rebel. Then I open up for the rest. However this is not often the case as when opened, the "AFK" T jumps out and bhops to vent cell or vent.

8. Waleed

Waleed Senior Member
    Donator

haha didn't know. i was looking for a post to suggest maps but didnt know that the "jailbreak server" wa the one.

did they added it tho?

9. Jan

Jan The Experienced
    Donator

I have to disagree. CTs have no reason to be afraid as "Theoretically" if the rule said "CTs MUST give warning", then the Ts will receive a warning. e.g verbal warning "People still in cells will die" or warning shots etc. If the rule is making a CT afraid to take action, then they probably lack the experience and judgement to be a CT. It is important to remember that all which is said cannot be used literally to every ingame situations as you have to understand the context and adapt the message to fit the circumstances.

10. Boy

Boy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

No, the problem is giving only 5 seconds for a T to come out and then closing the cell. It shouldn't matter if the player is afk or jumping or whatever. For Ts to only get 5 seconds to come out of the cell out of the whole 5-10 mins round in my humble opinion isn't sufficient. While I dont see any major risk of cells being left open for longer.

11. Ara Ara

Ara Ara Member

I agree with Jan, its better to close cells quickly than leaving them open because you're forced too, imagine if it's vip and there's a rule to keep all cells open one minute after they open, could you imagine the amount of people that could get into armoury every single round? At that point you're playing death match, not jailbreak. The only way to fix this is just if you're gonna go afk, do us all a favor, click m on your keyboard and go to spectate, or if the server is full and you're being warned to join a team.

J u s t. D o n t. G o. A f k.
    Simple yet effective.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Boy

Boy Administrator

You are kind of contradicting yourself as you said you have a "strategy" to open and close cells within short time. Then you mention the T still manage to bhop into a vent cell or in a vent. This indicates the "strategy" is flawed - as you just wasted your time and the Ts time by moving about the Ts to different location, then you come back to the cell area for the "afks" then you let them out, then they rebel, etc...

Why not - Open cells for longer, Kill the rebelling Ts, cell hoppers, vent rushers, Ts with guns. Do your gun check, wait around for a few seconds before closing the cells and moving the Ts to a different location? If you can identify the risk in this compared to your strategy.
    I think the point is being missed here. If the CT cannot keep an eye on the T, the T will always rebel - if they intend to rebel. No matter it is in the start of round or middle. And as I have previously mentioned, it isnt about being AFK, it is about having only 5 seconds to come out of the cell or the round is potentially wasted. I understand it is only a couple of players every round, but it happens nearly every round.

If I remember correctly, in the early days of JB server (7-8 years ago), We hardly used to close the cells the way we do now. And I think its mainly assumptions the CTs have that the T will rebel because they think cells = vent. But try testing it for a few rounds without telling the Ts that you will be closing the cells in 5 seconds. Would be interesting to see how many Ts rebel by rushing back into cells.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ara Ara

Ara Ara Member

I guess we just see differently what should be done @Boy

I usually let afk's come back but when its 6 minutes into a round and they ask to come back when only found by a ct in cells I usually tell them to die, as they had 6 full minutes to ask to come back, at that point no, they should be killed, not because cells closed too fast but because they decided to hide instead of asking to come back, I'm sure if you commanded anymap thats extremely t sided like new summer you would understand how much closing the cells helps with maintaining order above the t's. just because 1 or 2 people die every round coming back from being afk is not part of my problem, if they do come back from being afk and a ct hasnt killed them and they ask me "hey can I come back I was afk" if its not too deep in the round I will almost every time let them come back, but thats just what I would do, I'm sure theres wardens who wouldn't let anyone come back and would command thappy commands all round, it depends on the warden, the map, and what t's are alive. I will more than gladly every day of the week have two people die in cells afk than to have all t's at the bottom of stairs on vipinthemix or on the roulette button and they all rush armoury because im forced to keep cells open.

Many jailbreak servers have this discussion as I have seen and from what I know some servers even have an afk rule, some being for example "If a t is afk inside cells they can only be killed after (time) and must be let back if not afk by (time). This however literally causes 10 cts to sit in cell area and watch afk t's for a minute or so to make sure none rebel and it wastes wardens time as the warden has all his ct's in cell area making sure they dont come back and just rebel. adding or changing any rule like this would dramatically effect the jailbreak server for worse, in my opinion.

Good discussion tho, I'm getting some good map ideas from this.

14. WildFire

WildFire Administrator

We shouldn't really be encouraging people to tab out or go AFK during the rounds because it will lead to more people going AFK or more people faking being AFK to get closer to LR as the other people actually playing will be dying whilst the T waits. I think 1 minute maximum is what we can look at. I think it depends on a bunch of factors like I always say, so for example if it's a T sided map with plenty of areas to rebel, than it is fine to open and close cells quickly, move Ts to an area like iso and then let the AFKs come out after a minute. Whereas if everyone is chill, no real opportunity to rebel then you can leave them open.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Boy

Boy Administrator

Very interesting, as I recall from last night, your round pretty much goes like closing cells in 5 seconds, Another CT asks, can I kill Ts in cell? You say Yes. Boom boom headshots. Where is the possibility of the T to come join 6 mins into the round? - Please be realistic.

You mention summer map, well Ts can open/close cells as many times as they want here, specially when they get commanded to stack on cell button, again - realistic examples please.

Looking at your replies, theres a lot that you dont care about or say it isnt your problem, but others do care and I feel if there is a problem, it should addressed. This problem again doesnt have to be address by having a rule in place. In fact its the CTs who need to allow more time for Ts to come out of cells. I think you have made it clear what your views are therefore id appreciate other players view on this.
    Nobody is encouraging the Ts to go afk or tab out, but do you really expect them to watch the full round after being killed in first few seconds then be given another 5 seconds only to come out of the cell the next round?..

I dont think we need another rule, I think the CTs who are commanding 5 seconds for Ts to come out need to increase it to 20-30 seconds for Ts to come out, that should take care of this.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. WildFire

WildFire Administrator

Yeah that's fine we can encourage that cells should be open 30 seconds into the round, but other people were suggesting some type of rule which we shouldn't do. We can add it to the JB guide.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Boy

Boy Administrator

Id like to see this working first, as well as it sounds in theory, it should practically work ingame, so if you could try allowing more time to Ts to come out cell the next time you are on server on CT, trying to get other commanders to do the same, if its viable then we can look to include in the guide for CT.

18. Ara Ara

Ara Ara Member

lol

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  19. wik50

wik50 Senior Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

Same goes for let say lego map. The vip cell is much slower to open, meaning that if a fast warden close, the T's inside will die from door or get stuck inside vip.
    And as I have seen lately many ct's are very happy to kill afk's so fast that let say new players will not get a chance to even try the Hell JB experience and leaves. So i agree on a few seconds more to give everyone a fair chance, and ct's can adapt to the situation.

20. The Secret

The Secret Member

well the cells must be open for longer than 5 most of the time, and not give 2nd chance for late players or open for 5 seconds, move T's away and let the other T's out

in which raq does that quite good.
    when i'm afk and i'm late he moves other T's to a safer spot and let's us out and does a quick guncheck if needed and let's us to join the stack