1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jailbreak Server improvements and suggestions!

Discussion in 'Server Problems & Suggestions' started by TheCookieMonster, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Vengeance

Vengeance Senior Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

If you can’t get a clean shot then don’t shoot, most maps have awp on so get the awper to scope on vent cell...

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Mrzippy

Mrzippy Member

I am one of the ts that do this all the time :rofl::rofl: its part off the jb fun and I don't think it should be made so that you are a rebel for standing at the door off the cell blocking a shot.. im a t I am there to try and help others to rebel or try to rebel when I can find a way to so I reach lr..

if a t is standing at the front off his/hers cell and moving side to side so you cant shot the t be hide him/her what is knifing a vent just order your cts to get ready to rush vent or tell them to go and chase rebel after you have ts in a safe area..

3. WildFire

WildFire Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Blocking a vent as an innocent T to protect your rebelling team mate is not against the rules.
    You cannot command in cells. You cannot say 'drop gun out' you cannot say 'Go stack inside cell 1' etc.
    You can say "Leave gun inside cell, if you come out with it you die' as when they come out they will either be following the command outside or rebelling with the command.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Suicide

Suicide Senior Member

I saw something about baiting a kill. Is that a thing? If I crouch om top of a vent, in the example i saw it was summer vent, am I baiting a kill and can ct's kill me for that?

5. The Secret

The Secret Member

afaik it still is a freekill, but if u whine and report for that it's a dick move.

In Newsummer u can't hear a specific vent sound and u get on top of the vent crouching is obviously baiting but it's better if CT's don't shoot without seeing someone knifing it.

but ofcourse an admin would tell better.

PS: https://hellclan.co.uk/threads/42120/

Check admins' response to it.

6. Suicide

Suicide Senior Member

Its the example I spoke about. I think its kinda unfair to kill someone for standing on vent for example. You can not hear when the exact vent is being knifed, but you can see when it opens (the summer vent).

I think you shouldnt assume someone is rebelling. I think its unfair for cts to kill someone because the ct thought that the T knifed vent..

Baiting out a kill isnt really a thing in my eyes. Otherwise, if someone detoured/delayed a bit, just to troll as a T, he is also baiting a kill?

Just wondering since I've seen some spread opinions from admins and members and since you spoke about a similar subject I thought why not ask.

7. WildFire

WildFire Administrator

It's all about context, that's the theme in the JB guide. Depends on a lot of factors mentioned there. For example, if you crouch on vent in spyvsspy, then the CT can see if you are knifing it or not and you won't be killed for that. If you knife around the vent to encourage them to kill you, then it is your own fault for baiting a freekill. On that map in the report linked by Secret, the vent is completely hidden and the knifing sound of vent isn't the normal sound. It sounds like you're knifing the floor (similar to lego map). So it would be unfair to punish a CT for killing a T whos baiting a freekill.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Suicide

Suicide Senior Member

9. Boy

Boy Administrator

So after a 5-10 mins round, warden commands to open cells for "5 seconds" and then close them immediately, then CTs rush to kill those Ts in cells for being afk or for delaying.. Some wardens might pardon, most dont - and if they dont it isn't a "freekill". Now because this T is killed right at the start of the round, he would tab out or go afk rather than watch the rest of the round; and he tabs back in/gets back 5 secs later into the start of next round and repeat.

Not a good experience at all for Ts and I have noticed this has become very common for the CTs on our server.

Lets discuss the risk for CTs keeping cells for open extra 25 seconds. If warden commands Ts to take one step out face the cell and freeze, and the CTs kill the rebels anyway, what is the harm in opening cells for longer than 5 seconds? Some maps dont have cell doors anymore after they open, what happens then? To me its just another reason for CTs to be Thappy rather than a risk. Would like to hear other players input.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Skip

Skip Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

I would assume when playing ct not to kill afk's unless the commander has said so if not, it's a freekill IMO. The issue with leaving cells open is a vent rush which allows a lot more rebelling which ct's want to control. So personally this isn't an issue for me and anyone either killing afk's without asking or before the warden has said so should slay for a freekill.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Boy

Boy Administrator

Sorry I mean if warden is the one who commands to kill AFK - this player may not be AFK anymore but because he didnt come out of the cell in that "5 seconds", he is killed.. Vent rush can happen within in 5 seconds too.. What if the warden commands Ts to perhaps stack somewhere away from vent cell?

12. Ara Ara

Ara Ara Member

nah if they lr in warday and avoid fighting ct's they should be killed after if they dont do lr fast enough, unless the cts are chill and less people are on the server then i dont see why they would kill them, nothing wrong but you would want to keep the server alive, not kill it
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 6, 2020, Original Post Date: Jun 6, 2020 ---
    @Boy imo better to be thappy at the start and not have a mass rebel and then have a nice peaceful round than to just let people run around cells aimlessly with them open so they can rush vent, im sure if on brikken wood i didnt close cells and if I didnt move people away from the cells there would of been atleast 4 rebels every round, i can see why its thapppy but without atleast some command and thappy-ness people will always rebel

13. Boy

Boy Administrator

@Sunnsetz you do know being Thappy isn't allowed right? How is it a mass rebel by leaving cells open for longer than 5 seconds? again, mass rebel can happen in 5 seconds if Ts are to rebel. Similarly nobody might rebel if Ts dont want to even in 30 seconds of cells being left open.

The issue here is, the players are left in the cells because they only had 5 seconds to come out aren't trying to rebel. But they get killed and it isn't a freekill. This can be fixed if cells are left open for a little bit longer than 5 seconds.

14. Ollie

Ollie Veteran Member
    Donator

My opinion on this would be not to have a rule that the cells need to be opened for atleast 30 seconds, but that the CTs shouldn't kill afks until a certain amount of time in the round has passed, for example: 8:15; if they aren't afk, they should be given another chance to be let out. Let's be honest, no warden is out of the cell area before 8 anyway, so I don't see why this should be an issue.

Another thing, CTs shouldn't be straight killing afks anyway, they should still be warning shooting the T's to wake them up, and if they start moving they should realistically be given another chance.

15. Boy

Boy Administrator

Im not suggesting any rule here, im just discussing and gathering opinions so some CTs could be educated not to use give a short time limit to Ts to come out of the cell.. 30 seconds was just an example. And we all know how the players who are left in cells get 1 tapped currently on server.

16. Ara Ara

Ara Ara Member

nah if they aint following orders they're a rebel so they should just be killed, no need to ask for special permission, its their own choice to go afk. They shouldnt even need warningshots as not following orders is rebeling so thats just my thoughts

17. Boy

Boy Administrator

And if the order is to come out in 0.0005 seconds? Orders are orders, if they aint following, they should be killed. :party:

18. WildFire

WildFire Administrator

If the command is to kill AFKs and the player is moving, the player is no longer AFK and so it would be a freekill. The problem is when they say "Kill those in cells" because that includes non afks with afks. So we can just push for the right terminology.

19. Mrzippy

Mrzippy Member

I think its all about common sense with the afk ts in cells.

Iv always been told not to kill them unless warden tells ct to kill.

A lot of the time cts let them out if they are at the door asking to be let out to join in on the round. if not the cts just looking for kills - its getting more and more like this...

With some maps that have vip cells it takes longer to open so less time for ts to get out or even cant get out if they close to quick or they die from the doors.

Cts are most the time commanding for about 1/2mins in cell area controlling the ts and looking to find guns and so on so its not that hard to left the afks for 1min and then before leaving the area to kill them. if the ts are afk in vent cell or gun cell you will just have to keep a eye on them most the time you can hear the vent if a t knifes it and with gun cell its a hard one but you can always check for guns before getting the t back with the other ts

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Ara Ara

Ara Ara Member

why waste literally 2 mins in cell area when you can just command them into a stack, somewhere else and play a game. I guess I just command differently