1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jailbreak Server improvements and suggestions!

Discussion in 'Server Problems & Suggestions' started by TheCookieMonster, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Jan

Jan The Experienced
    Donator

I am not talking about games that are made on the map. Talking about games that warden makes. Some wardens order Ts to get on boxes or a place. It is unfair and stupid to let new players die from a simple "get on these boxes" command instead of letting them play a map game like deathrun or climb. Many new players die before they can experience the games on a map because warden wants the Ts to get to a spot. The Ts that do not make the spot, will be killed early and have to wait.

The intention for the rule is only based for the warden command, not the games on the map.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  2. kenny7

kenny7 The Experienced
    Donator

What u mean its stupid? Jb is for fun not for the skills. Yes you're playing css, but it's Jailbreak not MG server, surf or whatever. you can basically compare it with roleplay... That's the same thing like for the guntoss rules making "strafe" custom or not, if u don't have the skills for it. I think you should play more CSS and try to get more skill. Like new players can play on the MG player and Jailbreak server to get more skilled.. It's basically based on the skills not the warden.

3. Jan

Jan The Experienced
    Donator

I agree, however, if a new player never gets the chance to play any games on the map, then this "new" player will most likely to leave because they never get a chance to compete in any kind of games.

4. kenny7

kenny7 The Experienced
    Donator

I don't think they leave, everyone was new on JB.. Even some of the admins, it's the admin/players who need to help the "new" players to use /rules, /guide or /motd ingame so they know how the game works... No one is perfect. everyone needs to learn the game, to learn skills... And you get that by playing the game more and more...

5. Jan

Jan The Experienced
    Donator

Explain to me how a player can get more skills to play jailbreak or any other kind of gamemode if they don't get the chance to compete?

As an example of what I imagine that could be avoided in JB:
    *Warden wants to play breakfloor in jb_spy_vs_spy*
    Warden commands all Ts to get on this box(painted with red circle):
    *The new player cannot make the jump*
    Warden: Kill all Ts who are not on the box.
    *The new player dies and never gets to play the game*
    This is a skill-based command that I am talking about. That they have to get on these boxes.
    53985c7936459_LI.jpg

6. kenny7

kenny7 The Experienced
    Donator

Like I said, get skills. if u don't know how to climb boxes, or use strafe while doing Guntoss in LR than learn... Playing the game more and more will help you trustme.. Way back in 2014/2015 I was bad in this game and gamemode, it's just the more u play the more skilled u get. I have seen lots of new players joining MG after they left JB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. krazykenn

krazykenn Member
    Donator

i really hope this rule gets implemented into the game! i can't wait until i can just pretend i have no idea whats going on and just get the commander to explain how to do everything, sounds neat

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. Jan

Jan The Experienced
    Donator

I agree that the more you play and get to know the game, the more you will knowledge the game mechanic. However, I think we can speed up the knowledge/skill process through the rule. The rule has to only imply in CUSTOM skill-based games by the warden. It is not my intention to make a rule that forces warden/CTs to show the Ts how to play games on a map, as it will delay the rounds enormously.

Edit: People with sarcastic reply or comment are just useless and dumb. You are not part of the solution. If you have criticisms, reply with useful information or different angles of problems that are not discussed instead of a sarcastic dumb reply. Thanks ;)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  9. krazykenn

krazykenn Member
    Donator

is there more examples for this issue than t's not being able to jump on a box?

if this rule was implemented in some way wouldnt it be kind of annoying and monotonous to (let's say for example) teach t's how to crouch jump every new round?
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 30, 2019, Original Post Date: Sep 30, 2019 ---
    important JB suggestion: unban me from ct :cool:

10. PASi

PASi Member
    Donator

@Jan crouch jumping is basic game mechanic that is present in normal gameplay unlike surfing for example. Should we remove maps with surfs just because not everyone know how to do it?

It takes less than 5 seconds to tell someone that he can crouch jump but people just choose not to. If you really see a problem with maybe you should teach the core mechanics of the game to them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Hans Tier

Hans Tier Guest

While I can understan @Jan, this is hardly an issue I think. We have such games twice a map at max - and sometimes not at all - depending on the wardens. Also there are many players who are happy to help new players like when they struggle in climb and so forth.

12. Jan

Jan The Experienced
    Donator

We have jb_paper_alive, minecraft, VipInTheMix and many other maps were "we" have small warden games to "thin the herd"
    58bf89b1e851e_LI (2).jpg
    Yeeh. This is true. I said it on my first post that people will maybe abuse this and delay....

The issue at hand is not about games that the map/author has designed like surf/deathrun etc. The rule and suggestion are about the wardens CUSTOM games that do not involve the map designed games.
    As an example, you can take the Vipinthemix game that some wardens do. Look at my incredible drawings for better understanding

I do tell people how to do things if I see them struggle.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. krazykenn

krazykenn Member
    Donator

that game in your diagram, the commander would explain how to play the game, unless you're implying they should teach noobs how to strafe jump, which isn't likely to enforce as a rule.

as hans said, this is a nonissue where the solution would make things more problematic than just leaving the game as is.

best way to deal with these situations without enforcing a new rule is for ct's to not be thappy depending on the circumstances.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  14. kenny7

kenny7 The Experienced
    Donator

If hell admins add this rule we will have so much delay ingame I can imagine it already... I personally think it's fine for now and there is no need for such a rule.

15. WildFire

WildFire Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

It's overkill. If people struggle to crouch jump, they can look at tutorials and there is maps designed to teach people how to bhop, crouch jump, strafe etc. If they want to learn they will youtube it and play their own maps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Jan

Jan The Experienced
    Donator

What about a rule that "forces" Warden to explain a game they are doing. As far as I know, there is no written rule that forces CT to explain a game if someone asks. It is just a norm that a warden explains a game. There have been multiple occasions were warden does not explain games and expects Ts to know the game. I know that most games are self-explained, however not all games are. Is there a suggestion that can be the best of both worlds?
    Just putting this out here as a reflection to think about.

17. kenny7

kenny7 The Experienced
    Donator

I got a rule: Get skills, making a rule for everything on JB will not be good for it. It gives away the part of "roleplay" in it tho...

18. Skip

Skip Member
    ]HeLL[ Member

Realistically, we play the game to have fun; and part of this fun is learning new things... A sense of achievement. Players who cannot crouch jump or do simple commands like this will learn and get better (most of them). I remember when I started playing source, I was bloody useless. However, I read forums and watched videos to improve my skill set, which gave me that sense of achievement; which also encouraged me to play more... Also I feel like these players starting out and not being able to "crouch jump" and that do not have the willingness to learn, I doubt they will be playing on the server for a long period... Furthermore, removing these sorts of games would remove an entertaining element of the game play. However, this does mean to say that you cannot help players to crouch jump and learn how to better themselves; just its not that serious and seems to be like a nit-pick.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Jan

Jan The Experienced
    Donator

Thanks for all the replies!
    I was wondering is there any particular reason why CTs score always resets after each round?

20. JayJay

JayJay Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

To cut down on CTs being kill whores and killing T’s for a point.

• Like Like x 1