1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jailbreak Server improvements and suggestions!

Discussion in 'Server Problems & Suggestions' started by TheCookieMonster, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Pure

Pure Senior Member
    Donator

@Nomy @Steezy Remove or fix jb_Parabellum_xg_f it bug the gravity every time we play it and lead to low gravity on the other map after we rtv

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  2. Champion!!

Champion!! Member

the speed special day bugs the props and the pit secret in middle of cell area is annoying rather than fun, died more times from falling in that rather than getting killed from Ts

3. Chasin

Chasin Member
    Donator

MAP rotation cooldown suggestion:

At this moment we have a map cooldown of 5 maps untill you are able to nominate a recently played map again.

What i would like to suggest is to raise this to 7 or 10 maps so we can actually play some other maps, rather than summer, lego, vip, minecraft, carceris all the time.

Ive tried this system at another community and it worked really well.

Im curious what you guys think about this.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Hans Tier

Hans Tier Guest

I second the increased cooldown. Would give us the chance to play some different maps that are great as well. Currently we mostly play summer, spy, vip, minecraft. We have a list of like 30-40 maps and only about 10 get played every day.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Croucher

Croucher Senior Member

When are skins gonna be added for jail beak? :(

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  6. Ollie

Ollie Veteran Member
    Donator

Never.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Saskia

Saskia Member

Or remove the overplayed maps :D nah joke but I agree to increase the cooldowns because playing vipinthemix 9 times a day does get boring

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Steezus

Steezus The Experienced
    Retired Member Mapper

I agree with this but we've has this conversation on here before it Nomy decided against it. The problem is there are certain players who will nominate the same map every time they join which suits them but not players who want to just play random selections of maps.

9. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

The popular maps will always be popular no matter what... if you push it by preventing players from playing popular maps, then there is a risk of losing player due to lack of their interest.

10. Steezus

Steezus The Experienced
    Retired Member Mapper

A map like jb_new_summer is only popular because Daniel nominates it every time he can and plays every day as it has 100 ways to rebel at the start. It wasn't as popular before because it has limited games.

I would also argue that there are more than just 5 good maps on jb now. Lots of very good jb maps have been made now but the same players abuse the fact the first player who nominates when the map changes will get the map they want from 1 spam.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  11. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

I'll give you it for that map. What about the other popular maps? I mean ]HeLL[ JB is the number 1 CS:S JB right now even though CS:S is in a decline.
    https://www.gametracker.com/search/css/?query=jail&searchipp=50#search

Here is our fav maps:
    [​IMG]

Other top JB server's fav maps:

[​IMG]

[​IMG] < I doubt Daniel plays here.

[​IMG] < Not sure why this server is in the top. All they play is that one single map.

[​IMG]

Can you guys see the trend?

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. amstram

amstram Member

the 33% others are because we have more "favorite" map than it can show, in my opinon
    I mean, 3 maps are missing from the graph, vip, brikkenwood and mlcastle
    altogether, I'm pretty sure we have 90% of the time these maps, at least

others servers are different because the maps aren't exactly the same, and maybe because people aren't nominating them
    plus minecraft have been reworked by steezy, brikkenwood was made by ppengu, our vip is their electro and so on (same for there maps maybe)

13. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

I don't think this count as an opinion because it's more of a fact. The pie chart shows the top cream of all the maps for the particular server. So the ones which cant be seen are lower % to the lowest one displayed.

14. Chasin

Chasin Member
    Donator

I agree with the points made by Nomy. However im not asking to stop playing overplayed maps. Im just asking to increase the cooldown by 2 maps (1hour). So we can play 2 other good maps before we can nominate all the popular gametracker maps again.

Im HeLLs case it wouldnt even matter because we play lots of maps! Its just the fact that some maps get played like 10 times a day. Even worse when we get the server restarted.

As a leader of hell i understand your concern for losing players so i accept if you wont imply this. I just see a trend where alot of players leave because of overplayed maps.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

Alright, fair enough, I had changed it to exclude last 7 maps.

• Like Like x 10
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. LittleDemon

LittleDemon Member

I think there might be growing favoritism issues from certain commanders and overall toxicity that I believe, personally, any admin should condemn to preserve the good atmosphere of the server.

I might have to get proof and report soon, because it does tend to get out of hand.

Be it a warning to anyone who recognizes themselves in these.

Without naming anyone here are some examples in the spoilers.

-As seen on my report, some new players make mistakes, learn to play and stop doing them, but are still abusively targeted by others because of what they used to do and end up making them leave.
    Who would want to stay in such a hostile environnement after all?

-
    Hatred towards other nationalities needs to stop. I saw and heard an American guy try to get into the server today and actually command, and he sounded quite fun even though he was a tad trigger happy (nothing a warning can't help). But immediately the troll army started insulting him, telling him to "fuck off the server" and "go back to American servers" and such over the mic, even preventing him from wardening and talking over him. I don't see why this wasn't punished at the time.

I also often overhear "you <nationality> cunts" and while I'm not such a sensitive person, in the long term it does get annoying.

Some admins condemn any sort of racism, but to others it only concerns the usage of the n word, while both are offensive.

-Earlier today, and with proof, I heard a warden say "As long as I am warden, I am gonna make sure that you never get LR". He was laughing but the guy he targeted sounded quite pissed in chat.

-Two days ago we were playing volleyball on brikkenwood and the warden's favorite reg players were on the largely obvious losing team as they had the ball about 90% of the time on their side, hitting them down to 8 hp.
    This was from regs wanting each to be the best and stacking like noobs on the ball, unable to knife it.

So what does he do?

He stops the game right before they die cause his little girl friend on the mic says she doesn't want to die, allows them to get medic, then starts and shoots the ball towards us a few times throughout the game, ending up killing us. I'm not sure why nobody complained about this outrageous unfairness, but probably because most on my team were new players.

The payadmin at the time said he wasn't in volleyball area so he didn't see it happen (no rebellers so no idea why he wasn't with us).

-That same warden wouldn't type prizes in CT chat although asked to by his own teammates, and kept changing the prizes depending on who won.
    Then again admins said nothing and let him carry on his favoritism for a few more rounds until he eventually left.

-There was that one time I had won a game with the prize of "first gets to pick lr partner".
    So I'm all happy being 1st while others are still struggling to get to the end of spy climb, and I type the name of my lr partner.

But warden sees that his friend won't be getting lr so he goes "wait demon won? oh what who won?", all CTs tell him it's me but he pretends not to believe them and says okay nevermind we'll do a trivia.

With only three people left, he typed a math question that I got right first, and he still acted like he didn't know who won. Boy was I pissed. So he did another longer question, to which his steam ghosting friend replied within milliseconds. Everyone was baffled at how fast the reply was.
    After this the warden killed me before he even picked his lr partner but he obviously "wasn't going to pick me".

I've never really bothered to record or report these because once I do I tend to get harrassed with "are you gonna report me too? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)" and it just takes the piss.

Hope this gives an insight.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. joceninja

joceninja Member
    Donator

I know this is me and pure, but it was just shit and giggles from my side. I freeattacked him during the ZFD next 2rounds after that so he went medic.
    But the hostility towards the American got out of hand for sure...

Also a lot of favoritism is going on at the moment for sure.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

I think this is the best way to go about it.

This is bullying and should be reported. Most of such cases can be easily solved by clan members who have greater power, we just need to know.

I had noticed this too. I'm not sure why some PayAdmins are like this. If it's hatred or racism towards any nationality of any sorts, the player is to be punished. Not just the N word or what offends you etc.

This ones are plain and simple favouritism. The warden in these cases should be CTBanned.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 16, 2017, Original Post Date: Aug 16, 2017 ---
    Feel free to report such trolls too. They probably want attention and we could certainly give them ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). We rely on reports as we can't be on the server at all times. We won't tolerate such atmosphere of suppression.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. suRpr1zE

suRpr1zE Administrator

Favoritism isn't tolerated. Don't forget you don't have to make big report threads, you can PM clan members or steam chat them with proof and they'll take it from there.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hans Tier

Hans Tier Guest

I was on when that happend. I for my part was still in cell area and discussing something with other admins. Im sorry I wasnt in volley, but I can only punish what I see. The thing you said here is obviously favoritism and by the outcome its woth a CT ban like Nomy said.

The warden got actually yelled down until he slayed himself.