1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Technic Launcher Problem

Discussion in 'Minecraft Chat' started by Philster07, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Philster07

Philster07 Member

Hey guys,
    Its abit far fetched but does anyone know a fix for the technic pack launcher in single player?
    Tried their main support site and was met with a forum troll.

Essentially its a problem with it connecting to minecraft.net The whole launcher just doesn't want to connect to the internet despite adding it to all my exception lists in Avast! and even IE.
    The Tumbler feed is allways down, no banners show on the modpack list and when I try connection it just states that the update failed.

According to them the problem is with the correct version of java and they tell me to run this in a .batch file:

Code:
    mkdir %APPDATA%\.techniclauncher\rtemp
    "C:\program files\java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xmx1G -jar %APPDATA%\.techniclauncher\technic-launcher.jar
    or

Code:
    mkdir %APPDATA%\.techniclauncher\rtemp
    "C:\program files\java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xmx1G -jar %APPDATA%\.techniclauncher\technic-launcher.jar
    But when I run either codes with the correct paths for my PC nothing happens cprompt comes up for about a milisecond then closes and nothing launches

Here is a screenie:

2. Tobuscus

Tobuscus Veteran Member
    Donator

running the launcher as administrator fixed it for me dk bout you

3. Loui5D

Loui5D Veteran Member
    Donator

Maybe because you have java installed in a diff location?
    Code:
    C:\program files\java\jre6\bin\java.exe
    you have it installed there?

4. Philster07

Philster07 Member

Yep I followed the file path straight to Jre6 and in the java folder i also have 7

Cause i'm running 64 bit windows 7 I also have a java folder with jre6 in my programfiles(x86)

Should I get rid of some of these java editions and stick to 1? or shall i just uninstall java all together then re-install from the adobe website

Edit: according to control panel it can only find java 7 installed

5. Philster07

Philster07 Member

Well I did that above and now I have only just got my PC back fro mthe brink. Making that file corrupted java and then my windows user so I had to reboot in safe mode.

Now I have no java so no minecraft for me (also something wrong with chrome which means .exe files now don't run)

Moral of the story guys don't use beta java software or fuck around in java