1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Football Server

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Enowww, Jun 10, 2012.

1. youthedog

youthedog Veteran Member

I'll be able to work on one soon, no football for 2 weeks (found a bump bind the knee I sprained :s)

2. Luxray

Luxray The Experienced

Last time I played that map, I missed the goal, the ball flew in the air, bounced on the goal, and boom, I scored. Must be a bug.

3. Luxray

Luxray The Experienced

4. Nabster

Nabster Senior Member
    Donator

Hi guys, since it's Xmas time once again I think it would be nice to add in a snow map to the cycle. However, I think the ball needs to be edited across maps. Put simply, I think the ball physics for the map I'd like to have added are different from the two we have at the moment - either that, or the HeLL server is set up differently.

Either way, the map I think we should add to the server is ka_soccer_snow_v4. It features a different red ball. What I believe it needs is a port of the original ball from ka_soccer_2006_v3fix2 to make the ball seem lighter and easier to hit (as the current ball on the snow map makes new players look even worse).

If anyone can manage it, please feel free. Everyone that has played on the football server will have the original map in their CS:S maps folder - this is the link to the snow version:

http://gamebanana.com/css/maps/155045

Thanks!

5. Sammy

Sammy Senior Member
    Donator

I agree with what Nabster said. I don't play the Football server much but when I do I find it fun, and considering it's Christmas time it will be a great add on! :rinnocent:

6. Nabster

Nabster Senior Member
    Donator

Sammy, you only enjoy pissing me off by hopping around in the stands until I slay you ;)

With that aside, all the triggers etc. are already on the snow map as it is being used on another server, all that's needed is a ball change.

7. Nabster

Nabster Senior Member
    Donator

Since XSL closed down and CSL - a new league - has been created, I think it'd be better to remove the XSL map and swap it for the CSL version.

http://rghost.net/43877264

8. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Its exactly the same. Just without the logo and the sounds.
    I am skipping this for now as I don't really see the point to change map if there is no difference at all.

9. Nabster

Nabster Senior Member
    Donator

This is a map I've been looking for for a while now. It is called ka_soccer_pvt4, and is a larger map with some extra features. I think it would be a great addition to the two similar maps we have at the moment.

The map has all the same qualities as the two we currently have, but the extra features are here:

- Different style of net
    - Larger Pitch
    - Scripted Goalkicks
    - Scripted Corners and throw-ins

The scripted goalkicks, corners and throw-ins are the things that make this map amazing for what it is. What I mean by 'scripted' is that the map knows when the ball has crossed the line, and gives a corner / goalkick / throw-in to the necessary team, and states it in chat. For example, if the ball comes off of a CT player and crosses the line, the ball hovers in the air and gives the T's a throw-in. Only the T's can go near to the ball - the CT's automatically get pushed back if they get too close. Same goes for corners and goal kicks.

What if this gets abused, I hear you ask. Well, such is the amazingness of this map, there is a timer on how long a team can 'have' a throw-in / goal kick / corner. After the timer expires, the chat reads 'Time out - Play On', after which, either team may go close / hit the ball. I have put some screenshots of what I have described below.

Goal Kick:

[​IMG]

Corner:

[​IMG]

Different Goal Size (Actually makes it harder to score):

[​IMG]

The Pitch:

[​IMG]

Throw-Ins:

[​IMG]

Please note: The picture of the pitch can be deceiving. It looks massive, but when you actually try playing a game, it 'becomes' much smaller. The map allows for more open play, and in my opinion a more enjoyful experience for lesser-experienced players. Because of the style of play it creates, it is much more balanced than on the smaller pitches, because it's hard to get a lot of power and still manage to score - also handicapped by the 'long and short' goal style.

I honestly hope you add this map - as a player of the mod since 2007 I can truthfully say I think it would be a great addition, and a definite attraction to new players.

EDIT: Me being the derp that I am, I forgot to put the download link: http://rghost.net/45731399

10. Steezus

Steezus The Experienced
    Retired Member Mapper

11. Luxray

Luxray The Experienced

Is it also possible to add GK skins?

12. Nabster

Nabster Senior Member
    Donator

13. Nabster

Nabster Senior Member
    Donator

Viper amazingly fixed the miss triggers for me :D He also made some aesthetic changes to the map to make it easier on the eye.

Here are the triggers:

Ball - ballon
    Goal Trigger T - Terro_but
    Goal Trigger CT - ct_but
    Miss Trigger - trigger_miss

Please add this map! :)

Viper will add DL link when it's uploaded.

14. VIpEr

VIpEr Veteran Member
    Donator

15. Nabster

Nabster Senior Member
    Donator

Also, I recorded a demo on a different server the other day of me and Lux playing the map, showing all of its features:

Demo DL Link: http://rghost.net/45768926

16. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Added. Nice work Viper.

17. VIpEr

VIpEr Veteran Member
    Donator

Thanks Nomy :)

18. tez

tez Member

here are some nice maps

http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/165232

http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/175811

and please remove that PVT4 map, the ball physics is much different to the other maps, there are a couple of bugs there and not many players like it

19. Lux

Lux Veteran Member

20. Lux

Lux Veteran Member

Bump.