1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plugin suggestions for server

Discussion in 'Minecraft Chat' started by hfinity, May 16, 2012.

1. hfinity

hfinity Member

I was just suggesting nomy put these two plugins instead of what are now
    Essentials > over admincmd
    PermissionsX (pex) > over superperms

I have experience in minecraft server managing and I choose those over others because I know how to use and configure them better than other plugins.

2. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

I have been thinking about changing from AdminCMD to Essentials, maybe I will do it sooner or later.

I have no plans to move from PermissionsBukkit to PermissionsEX

3. Dino-Rawr

Dino-Rawr The Experienced
    Donator

Just a question.. So your reasoning for recommending these plugins are due to your experience with the plugins you suggested, instead of comparing both plugins and see whats best?

I agree with your suggestions, but thats because I know how both of them work and see that you generally have more advantages with those plugins, but I would believe Nomy has clear reasons for his choices

4. hfinity

hfinity Member

There is a clear reason it actually is better to use essentials instead of admincmd
    and pex has a better group management and good chat /pex usage for admins to use the ladder system available with essentials

5. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

The default permissions plugin works fine for me and I understand the groups etc.. I know some people are scared of parent and child permissions but I really like that sort of permissions.

Essentials has more commands than AdminCMD... and its updated a lot more than AdminCMD. Essentials is being used on many servers so the bugs might be at the minimum. NeoCorps recommended AdminCMD so I went with that... xD

6. Dino-Rawr

Dino-Rawr The Experienced
    Donator

All I can say nomy. As long as you dont want a plugin- , or rank-infested server, the management plugins we have are absolutely fine.. I mean, the only ranks we need are default trusted and admin/op, no parent child needed. :p

7. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

Ofcourse :) But we already have quite a lot of plugins on server but they are useful/silent ones.