1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

]HeLL fm[ on MC server ?

Discussion in 'Minecraft Chat' started by Vercetti, May 16, 2012.

1. Vercetti

Vercetti The Experienced

Can we get HeLL fm on the minecraft server please. ?
    Don't know if it's possible but would be nice as I'm never on ts.
    Can it be done ?

2. Loui5D

Loui5D Veteran Member
    Donator

I highly doubt it's possible, there may be some plugins but they'd need to both on server and on client anyway which is no fun.

3. Vercetti

Vercetti The Experienced

4. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

I'm gonna try this, but you wont be able to listen radio from ingame. You have to open the radio from the website but you would be able to use /choon /poon commands etc...

5. Vercetti

Vercetti The Experienced

Cool man ;)

6. Dino-Rawr

Dino-Rawr The Experienced
    Donator

I believe there is a plugin to enable radio, yes.. and it only needs to be run server side. I'll dig around and see what I find if you're interested

7. Brandon

Brandon The Experienced
    ]HeLL[ Member

8. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

Yes plz!

9. Dino-Rawr

Donator

Even though it DOES say you need an internet browser (+flash ofc, it says it doesnt need anything else (no spout etc.))
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/me...internet-music-on-your-land-1-2-5-r1-0.66417/

lovely description: What does the plugin do? It allows server admins to provide Internet radio playback on player's faction land. You walk into the wilderness and the music stops. Walk onto any land and the internet radio station chosen by the faction admin of that land starts playing automatically. The music covers their entire land, connected or not, from bedrock to sky. It does not require Spout.
    The potential for this is that if you have the SAM broadcasting tool from Shoutcast.com or the tools available on icecast.org you can be your own DJ and host your very own dance club inside Minecraft with this for example. Or, you could simply set your land to your favorite music station. Roleplay servers could even use it to play different music in different towns to set the mood or even play back ambient tracks for scary areas, etc.

edit: Okay so, it SEEMS its only possible to play the radio INSIDE a worldguarded area. (world guarding the entire world would be plain stupid,) so I asked the developer this question, and hope to get a response soon to whether its possible to have the radio world wide or not (at the current version)

editedit: okay, so dont get your hopes up, it seems you actually need a browser open (with the only feature that you can use ingame commands to start and stop music). I believe the "clue" with the plugin is to have different musics for towns, areas etc. But it seems the closest we can get to minecraft intergrated
    The "Feature" of this claim: Players can listen to music via the web site, and as they move around the land it changes stations.

it seems the developer has to be able to listen to music anywhere on his todo list. So we gotta wait some time I believe....

10. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

11. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

Added Radio plugin for HeLL FM without streaming so please open your browsers to hellfm.co.uk to tune in ;)

12. Dino-Rawr

Donator

How do you send shoutouts etc. from the web? I have seen some people doing this while I've been DJ'ing, but not figured out how they do it :)

13. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

There isn't a way to send from web. If the server shows up as Web it means the server IP isn't recognised. It mostly happens when server changes IP.

I have updated anyway ;)

14. Dino-Rawr

Donator

Oh. Okay thanks! I was just a little confused when I have seen people sending shoutouts from "Web". Thanks for the info :)