1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kingston HyperX Fury

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology' started by Bobscrotum, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Bobscrotum

Bobscrotum The Experienced
    Donator

Hey guys, got some new ram for christmas, and having a slight problem with it.

Compared to my Corsair Vengeance, this ram seems to, well, use up all of the memory for no apparent reason.
    I'm using the same amount of games and programs as before on the Vengeance, but this HyperX stuff just runs so damn slow.

Any idea why this would be?

2. topbadge

topbadge Veteran Member
    Content Creator Donator

Start off by pressing "Windows key + Pause Break" this will bring up the system window. make sure Installed memory reads to amount you have installed and if you have more then 3.5gb installed then "System type" should be 64-bit.

If all that checks out press "Ctrl + Left Shift + Esc" go to the performance tab and monitor your memory usage to make sure this is the issue, If it seems high go the the Processes tab and see if anything out of the ordinary is running if you feel confident enough you can even try to end some of the processes and see if that makes a difference.

Now run your anti-virus with a full scan and see if you find anything there.

Then run the free version of Malwarebytes to pick up what your anti-virus misses.
    https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/

I don't think this is a hardware fault with the ram it's self your system would crash before you reached slowdown if the memory was damaged (in most cases) it sounds like either you have a virus, you didn't mount one of the chips correctly or you're running a 32bit os.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Vinpascal

Vinpascal Senior Member
    Donator

I bought kingston fury also. 8gb in 2 chips. Havent had any problem yet.
    Do you use the 2x4gb chips?

4. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

They come with a life-time warranty just send it back if its faulty.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Vinpascal

Vinpascal Senior Member
    Donator

Free new fresh card is always handy, and if that doesn't solve it you could always take a look on what is hiding inside your files

6. topbadge

topbadge Veteran Member
    Content Creator Donator

Lets make sure their not broken before you go through the hassle of an RMA first though, sending them off only for them to send them back is a waste of time and money.

It would only help if you went into more details too, how much total ram have you installed for example are you using the old cards on top on the new ones that kind of thing.

7. Bobscrotum

Bobscrotum The Experienced
    Donator

@topbadge I know about 32/64-bit systems im not that much of a scrub

@Vinpascal yep, the 2x4gb set

@Nomy I would but then I'd be stuck with one computer with no ram and another with 4gb.

Problem is I can't use XMP with my chipset, it's almost exclusively Intel, might just send them back and get some regular HyperX sticks or another set of vengeance..