1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too Many PA's?!

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike Source Chat' started by Dirty Wrench, Jan 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dirty Wrench

Dirty Wrench Member
    Donator

Hii, I want to talk about the amount of Pay Admins. To become a PA its pretty simple imo. Lately there has become a lot of PA's on the JB server, yes its nice to see those who contribute towards the servers and keeping them running but there has become a considerable amount. Some of the PA's don't even know the rules them self's, PA's taking advantage of there powers also. bla bla bla I think there should be an application process to become a pay admin and have people vouch for you to become an admin (like +10 or something) If this could happen PA's would take the role more seriously and all that good stuff. This is just an idea and I would like to see peoples opinions and maybe add to the idea or something? :)
    Thanks! :h::h:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. BLiZZ

BLiZZ Veteran Member
    Donator

Pay admins help fund the servers and such right? Their system of taking In reports to handle misuse of PA seems to be working fine.. It's just a matter of reporting or educating the PA's who are using it incorrectly, MO

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dirty Wrench

Dirty Wrench Member
    Donator

Point Taken, just experiencing JB lately haven't been as good as it use to be due to some of the Pay admins, that is why I suggested this idea and also realising this is the wrong section :O

4. Dupont

Dupont Member
    Donator

Have to agree with you there, there are some PA who clearly don't know the rules.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. TrustMe

TrustMe Senior Member
    Donator

IMHO - One too many 'Dirty Wrenches'

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Arya

Arya Veteran Member
    Retired Member

Everyone deserves a chance to proof themselves dont they? If ppl take advantage of te PA or abuse it in some way im that regulars or other PA's/Clan members will make this clear to them. And if needed further action..

7. Lux

Lux Veteran Member

You could close the PA recruitment for specific servers when you think it's too full and open it when you think the server needs more..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dirty Wrench

Dirty Wrench Member
    Donator

TrustMe that hurts :( and Aryra true, i just want to here peoples opinions!

9. RandomGlitch

RandomGlitch Senior Member
    Donator

Most people who become PA have no reason not to know rules, you have to signup to the website and the PA rules are stickied. PAs keep the server running and having lots of them means less people break rules, this includes early in the morning. Also, the more admins there are, the less likely that a situation in which no admins are on will occur.

10. Boy

Boy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Your quite new to our servers il presume. The PayAdmin list at the moment is no where near as what we had before but going to your main issue which is payadmin's not knowing the rules, well i guess quite a few regulars already answered above that everyone gets a chance and if they arent fit for payadmin, they get removed. And the way we know it is when players report them and this process is working fine up until now, again as stated above.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

So for example if we had a group of bad payadmins... like trolls... this system will make us only allow payadmin who are vouched by trolls? So Trolls will slowly start to have monopoly in the payadmin section.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Remix Benji

Remix Benji Member

Let's be honest, it's pretty hard to catch a PA breaking the rules because not everybody demos every single map and most of these reports just get ignored because the person hasn't provided enough evidence.

@RandomGlitch I'm not going to name any people in particular but certain PA's clearly haven't read that pay admin guide. How many admins have you saw spam slap players or randomly colouring?

@Dirty Wrench The problem is not too many PA's, it's that there's too many bad PA's and I think this is because they see other admins doing it so they think it is alright to break the rules aswell.

I don't think an application process would be beneficial though...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. WildFire

WildFire Administrator

Some players demo every game in-case something happens, you should ask people if they demo.

Giving the names of people whom randomly colour/slap to a ]HeLL[ clan member with RCON access will resolve that issue seeing as they can check admin logs and see what happened and deal with it themselves or pass it on to any other ]HeLL-F[ or ]HeLL[ Member to inquire or deal with. I've yet to witness anyone randomly colour as a form of abuse, the only thing came close to it was someone doing this "#PinkPanther" thing, even then. I don't think it interferes much, if at all.

Until people report these problems with proof or a time when something happened we can check against admin logs, then we can educate the 'bad PA's' if there is any.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. BLiZZ

BLiZZ Veteran Member
    Donator

I demo every game!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Remix Benji

Remix Benji Member

@WildFire Certain clan members know about this already. You don't see it happening because they don't do it when clan members are online but I know people who have evidence of it happening.

There has been a few times when the said admin thinks that all terrorist should be coloured black for a round...next round another admin colours them pink to join in. - just 1 example that I witnessed which I'm pretty sure is an example of abuse.

16. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

I have dealt with such report before. And its very easy to capture proof of this. Just screenshots will do.
    Sometimes you wont see how its being dealt but it doesn't mean it was ignored because we talk to the PayAdmin in question to resolve it.

17. Knifer

Knifer Veteran Member

lol ? when i was playing there was 25+ payadmins on jailbreak u sure ur on the right server :p

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  18. Batman

Batman Member
    Donator

That #TeamPinkPanther thing was me there was 3 orther people that had in there name #TeamPinkPanther so i colourd us 4 pink but it was not evreytime it was like 3-4 rounds when it was a freeday or warday i just wanted that people make laugh, happy, fun in hell server that was my point only.

19. Bobscrotum

Bobscrotum The Experienced
    Donator

We had closer to 30+ admins at some points, this is farily tamed as Boy has pointed out

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dupont

Dupont Member
    Donator

The colouring and random slapping isn't an issue imo, it's more the behaviour I've seen from some PA's. I guess the power is too much sometimes.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.