1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CT Warden suggestion

Discussion in 'Server Problems & Suggestions' started by Mr Marchant, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Mr Marchant

Mr Marchant Junior Member

Hello everyone,

Now i know that this may have been suggested in the past but i feel that a system is needed to signify who is the warden. Now although currently it works okay with whoever commands first, i feel that who is chosen can depend on whether they are liked with in the server. I have been playing the past few days and have seen an increase of CT's who all command at once and even though it is someone else who has commanded first, the other people get to be warden due to their 'popularity' within the community. For example, i was playing on Iceworld and a new guy joined CT wanting to be warden. He commanded first but Banana and Nightmare also commanded. Even though this new guy had commanded first Nightmare decided - due to Banana being a friend of his - that he would choose Banana to be warden and back him up. I disputed this but to no avail.

As a result of this i thought that there could be a system which colors the person who is going to warden blue so it is easy to see who commanded. This can be done by someone putting "!W" into chat or some sort on command prompt which can be used by the CT's to take warden. It could also be done through a server command which puts all the CT's who have a mic (which must be used to be able to get into the list) and for the CT's to type in chat a command which then puts them into the list. This then only allows the CT's on this list to type in chat "!W" to get the chance to be warden as they are in the list. Then however types "!W" first gets to be warden. However if the same person has wardened before they are not allowed to warden again unless nobody else wants to warden. This then ensures that everyone gets a chance to warden and enjoy the game! Although this could have already been suggested i fell that this could be a good way to ensure that the right person gets command if they rightfully deserve it.

Thanks for reading and i hope you consider this suggestion!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. suRpr1zE

suRpr1zE Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Definitely not a bad suggestion although it would be a bother having to race other CT's to type the command to be able to be a warden. Regulars would have it binded so new players would have a rocky start. It's also just annoying having to type something at the beginning of every round if you really want to be a commander. Therefore I don't think this would be the best option.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lux

Lux Veteran Member

I've always been a proponent of this. It makes it much easier and it will get rid of any misunderstandings, however, I would change the warden to red instead of green, because CT skins are mostly blue already and red fits the ]HeLL[ colour. And to quote Surp: ''It's also just annoying having to type something at the beginning of every round'' Writing !w is much less of a hassle than writing in CT chat: "Let me command, please" every round. New players shouldn't be warden anyway in the first place. They would have to know the rules before trying to be a CT. I think I suggested this before, but it didn't come through.

4. suRpr1zE

suRpr1zE Administrator

Then again being the first to command vocally is easier than writing "!w" at the start of every round. Everyone is free to command if they have an idea of how the game works, the more commanders the better.

5. Lux

Lux Veteran Member

There can be a lot of misunderstandings when you try it vocally, like Marchant said in his first few sentences. This can evolve into a discussion over mic between the CT's and ruin the round if there's no admin to take action. Other CT's should be able to command as well as if they want to. If a person writes !w each round without allowing other CT's to have a chance, they should tell an admin to solve it.

6. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

It's a bit like !gk

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mr Marchant

I understand where both of you are coming from for and against the idea. But people will pick up easily that they should bind it. Plus as i said Lux it would implement a system where it would not allow one person to command round after round if there is someone else who wants to command. This would make it fair and give everyone an equal opportunity to command and give admins less things to worry about! Furthermore i agree with the idea of coloring someone red instead of blue suRpr1zE and i do feel that most people would get the hang of being able to press one key to try and get warden instead of shouting over each other, as Lux said "This can evolve into a discussion over mic between the CT's and ruin the round". I understand that you may feel it may be annoying but after playing many other servers of JB trying out the system everyone is in favor of using it. There are also no arguments over getting warden and as a result creating a better playing atmosphere and people like me who were new to the system found it extremely easy to get command.

:D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ice_Flames

Ice_Flames Junior Member
    Donator

I've actually seen a system incorporated on another JB sever which chooses a random ct, and gives them a popup asking "do you want to warden?"
    1. Yes i want to be warden
    2. No i do not want to be warden.
    3. I have no mic.

This means that 1, will issue warden to the chosen player,
    2. will choose another ct.
    3. will mean that the ct without the mic will not be asked to be warden again.

It should be easily scripted and will be much easier than !w.

Sorry marchy taken you idea and re-worked it xD

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Mr Marchant

hmmm...Welp it doesn't matter, I only care about making the atmosphere better and anyways .:Ice:. thats really my idea but just simple :D
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 11, 2015, Original Post Date: Jan 11, 2015 ---
    Plus don't forget about the coloring of the ct warden so you know who is wardening!

10. PickleJar

PickleJar The Experienced
    Retired Member

I think this should be implemented but the only way this would be done on the jailbreak server would be to use the above method as it would allow it to be fair constantly. Below is a link to an existing plug-in which could possibly be re-purposed to do the above, not sure as haven't checked it out much.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1476638

11. _Adrian_

_Adrian_ Member

I think it would just make the whole Jailbreak experience more complicated, I understand people may fight for Wardern when the round starts but normally if not always this is resolved between themselves without causing any issues.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

12. PickleJar

Retired Member

If you don't improve, you lose.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Vinpascal

Vinpascal Senior Member
    Donator

I think if you press 3 saying no mic it should ask you are you a kid, if they say yes they get swapped to T auto xd

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. PickleJar

Retired Member

Server: Are you a kid?
    Kid: This is the internet I ain't no kid bitch please
    *selects no*

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Remix Benji

Remix Benji Member

The menu idea would be really good because it will stop @greenthunder26 from commanding every round. :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. GreenThunder

GreenThunder Senior Member
    Donator

hahaha :giggle:

17. Lino

Lino Veteran Member
    Donator

I agree with adrian, I get you guys want to have a more organised experience, but I find it fun racing to be warden at the beginning of the round, and usually if more than one person wants to warden, we switch between, or they ask in chat to warden next round, and it's agreed that person will warden...

As nice as a suggestion it is, jailbreak is running perfectly fine without this, If you want to warden, step up and say, don't be lazy and let the game pick it for you.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. J.Gatsby

J.Gatsby Member
    Donator

I agree with Lino - There are days where theres a few of us wanting to warden and its quickly solved ive never seen CT's argue over it.

The system seems cool - option 3 needs to change if implemented. I have a mic but sometimes dont want to warden at all. Ill give commands if absolutely necessary (like if my misses is sat next to me and doesnt want me talking over the TV) and everyone else is dead (or not using/owning a mic).

1. Yes i want to be warden
    2. No i do not want to be warden.
    3. Dont want to warden this map - You wont be asked again. (Type !W to be asked again)
    4. I dont have a mic (auto swap to T) - This would reduce new players being CT banned for not having mics and having not read the rules fully.

I get that this would be quite a bit of scripting and probably wont happen but im quite happy to argue it out with lino and wrench dave and the others who warden more often.

(not that my opinion really matters) :p

19. Remix Benji

Remix Benji Member

I think the original system would be simpler because you can just say
    'I don't want to be warden' if you don't want to command on a certain map but then next map just type !warden and choose option 1.

Btw your opinion does matter

20. J.Gatsby

J.Gatsby Member
    Donator

Yeah losing my option 3 and just having option 2 not ask you again until you type !W would work too but i thought in the original post that ment I dont want to warden this time. But i suppose its 6 of 1 half a dozen of the other.

Thanks remix