1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Building PC Need Advice

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology' started by LittleDemon, Dec 22, 2014.

1. LittleDemon

LittleDemon Member

Hello guys, looking to start a new rig from scratch cause my current one is getting old (soon to be 5 years old), and current processor is slowly dying lolz.

Anyway this is one of the cheapest french websites and it's possible to save builds as links, though
    i'm not sure what's really compatible with what thus why i need your guys' help.

My budget is 700€, aiming for the best gaming output i can without needing overclocking/thermal paste.
    Don't really care about looks, only performance and durability.

Here's one i picked out.
    http://www.topachat.com/pages/configomatic.php?c=pVoCVWB2kNvbmD1KFBPf5yoj/t813fGrg12LOqKWWkY=

Thanks in advance for advice.

2. Bobscrotum

Bobscrotum The Experienced
    Donator

That Mobo seems a bit much for what you want, maybe go for a lower mobo and a higher GPU?

I'll fiddle about with it and see what I can do

3. LittleDemon

LittleDemon Member

Well that's the thing i have no clue about, motherboard and GPU.
    I heard i5 was nice for gpu, but no clue about motherboards at all.

4. Bobscrotum

Donator

the i5 is a great processor, the mobo doesn't need much to run, as long as it has the required ram slots, gpu slots and socket for cpu it'll run fine.

I managed to get this, it's borderline your budget but that GPU will run whatever you throw at it
    http://www.topachat.com/pages/configomatic.php?c=zPvjSGRmY89 4rI51RicXiJJB0uCw1nhsTM3/jT36O4=

EDIT: Also on that site, next to each component it has a little green or red circle, red means it'll be incompatible and green means it's compatible, for future reference of course

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  5. LittleDemon

LittleDemon Member

Um, actually red/green dots are about the item's availability at the moment, but thanks anyway haha.
    Are you sure about the radeon as a graphic card? I don't know why i keep hearing mixed opinions about AMD and its stability.

6. Bobscrotum

Donator

oh right haha, I can't read the site as I can't read/write French :p

AMD are decent, specially with the upcoming Mantle tech, + if you're only on that kind of budget the radeon is the better option, an Nvidia equivalent would probably put you over the budget

7. LittleDemon

LittleDemon Member

Hmm I see, i think AMD are pretty durable in France because so far i've seen everyone around here using them, seems to be an US problem i guess.
    Still debating over which build to pick because i'm not sure what kind of power hold the graphic card you picked.
    For example, would that build be able to run most next gen games on at least normal?
    Cause if not i might wait for extra budget money.

8. Lux

Lux Veteran Member

Go Intel and grab a H97/Z97 chipset motherboard to support the Broadwell release later in 2015. I created this. It has a much more powerful GPU than the GTX750 Ti and it can run Battlefield 4 on Ultra @1080p if you wish. It also features an aftermarket cooler because it fits the budget and makes the CPU last longer. I also added a DVD drive for great banter. (Can remove it.)

http://www.topachat.com/pages/panier.php

9. LittleDemon

LittleDemon Member

Lux, wrong link. You have to use the "sauvegarder cette config" button and then copy the link afterwards.

10. Lux

Lux Veteran Member

11. LittleDemon

LittleDemon Member

Seems nice, in terms of quality what game could this theoritically run (e.g BF4@Ultra or w/e ) ?
    I'm looking to run games such as Crysis 3, AC Unity and new games on at least high settings.
    Is that possible without increasing budget costs? Would your build be enough?
    If not, how much more € would i need?

Thanks for all the replies already, this is great help :)

12. Lux

Lux Veteran Member

You shouldn't focus on high settings on Ubisoft games right now, they're poorly optimized.
    As for benchmarks:
    http://anandtech.com/bench/product/1332

13. LittleDemon

LittleDemon Member

Alright thanks a bunch Lux, i think i'm gonna go with your last build. :party:

14. Nabster

Nabster Senior Member
    Donator

Would it be possible to make a sticky thread for these? A lot of people keep making threads for a certain budget (myself included) when looking to buy / build a new PC and there are a lot of good ideas, so I'm going to put forward an idea too...

I think it would be good to make a sticky thread with different builds to a certain budget, maybe €/£300, €/£500, €/£700, €/£1000 and an unlimited budget. Most people know better than I do what specs need to be at for a certain budget, so maybe a thread could be made over a week or so with the communities recommended build and the price it costs, and then the best could be picked and formatted by a forum admin and stickied?

It would be an easy way to find a rig suited to different price ranges :)

15. LittleDemon

LittleDemon Member

That seems like a good idea, but keep in mind people like me in places other than UK will have some things priced differently depending on whats made and whats not made (i.e we don't have certain brands like VIPER etc.).
    Thus in certain cases we'll still have to demand an opinion. A good example of that is reddit's version of different builds depending on price range, but prices are very different when converted to another country's from USA.

16. Nomy

Nomy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

It will get outdated quickly. Better to help them individually since this way we can recommended better hardware for the same price range.
    New computer stuff comes out every month.

17. LittleDemon

LittleDemon Member

@Nomy What do you think about the last build Lux posted?

• Intel Core i5-4440 (3.1 GHz): 169.99 €
    • MSI H97M-G43: 79.80 €
    • Kit Dual Channel DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Sport, 2 x 4 Go, PC3-12800, CAS 9: 69.99 €
    • Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO: 19.90 €
    • Sapphire Radeon R9 280 Dual-X OC With Boost, 3 Go: 168.90 €
    • Disque dur Western Digital Caviar Green, 1 To: 53.90 €
    • Corsair Carbide 200R: 54.90 €
    • Cooler Master G650M, 650W: 68.99 €
    Total : 686.37 €

18. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

19. LittleDemon

LittleDemon Member

Yeah nah i really need the usb ports and video ports from the other motherboard haha.
    That case looks sexy though..

20. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

How many USBs do you need? You have enough. 2 in the front (on the case) 8 at the back (on mobo).

The intel one has 6?