1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pub Server

Discussion in 'Feedbacks & Suggestions' started by Boy, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Boy

Boy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

A lot of players find it annoying to be killed at the end of the round when someone is auto switched to a different team. It could be the player who is switched killing or could be other people killing the one who is switched.
    Wonder if theres a better way to switch players..

Also, the auto slay at the start of the round could be annoying in small maps like 2000 where you spawn take a few steps and start spraying and suddenly a teammate walks into your line of fire and you get slayed. A lot of time its unintentional and even I as the person taking damage wished it wasn't a slay punishment when teams are a bit off. Maybe it could be set to another -HP punishment or maybe a slay after certain about of damage done to teammate not just one 12hp hit or a knife hit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

For the first issue, we can make everyone alive into godmode so no one can die until new round starts. But think about when the bomb successfully detonates and you see an enemy that you were chasing wont be getting killed.

For the second issue, i'll look into what can be done.

3. ici

ici The Experienced

Are the players switched on round end event? Might try to switch them on round start event instead (hooked as Pre)

4. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

The stats does it at round end. Round start is too late.

5. F.S.I

F.S.I Member

Cant remember wich server it was but in case people got switched , it happend in teh second sorta speak after teh round finished or even same time and in that "second" no damage could be done , you heard a gong going off et voila switched safely :) . No idea on the name of teh mod or what its called . Had a quick look in the wonderfull world of google but to no avail ....

Anyway that way the player that got switched couldnt get killed or kill his former team .

So it does exist ;)

For me however i dont find it that annoying altho last few days IF a player gets switched its always me , even for just a round and then back ^^

Edit : doesnt more mods or certain ones have an effect on teh quality of the server or the "reg"/"feel" ? Server is really nice especially compared to the junk whats left out there .

6. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

ici had made a script, I have added to pub. He had tested thoroughly, although if you find any problem with the team swapping let me know.

7. F.S.I

F.S.I Member

As in changed already or still talking about Original one ?

8. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

No, ici had a better idea to move the teams at a later time. It's a better method where players cant kill teammates who were swapped :)

9. F.S.I

F.S.I Member

Sweet , sure it will give no issues if so ill give ashout .

• Like Like x 1
  10. F.S.I

F.S.I Member

A small update :

overal no problems aside from 3 i encounterd

2 times the switch happend a split second to soon , yet my team couldnt shoot ( lacked time for it ) me but reacted tho saw me "change"
    dont have a timestamp of these two cases .

30 nov 2014 22:16:35 :

yesterday on Nuke was playing Terrorists and with a new round i was confused as why i couldnt buy up , kept seeing : no buy zone . Deceided to move on then only to realise i was a CT .. I spawned as CT on T spawn .

The first two arent really an issue i reckon the last one is . Can see this causing some omg hax cheat if it happens more often .

• Agree Agree x 1