1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Improve your JB

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike Source Chat' started by SgtLewis, Sep 30, 2014.

1. SgtLewis

SgtLewis Newbie

2 simple things you can do to make your PB better

-Allow all admins to be able to respawn freekilled Ts - I haven't been on once in my 4h play time when a admin has the power to respawn
    -Scrap this snitching bullshit, the beauty of PB as a terrorist is to escape and find guns when the CTs have moved the Ts out of the lobby area. "There's two Ts in pool btw CTs" is probably the most retarded thing I've heard on JB, and I've probably played this mod a lot longer than many of you, not to sound like a dick, but I just think these two things would make it more enjoyable :)

Thanks

2. DaFuQ

DaFuQ Member
    Donator

Short and sweet:

1: Potential abuse, no thanks.
    2: Nothing can be done about that, get better rebelling skills.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SgtLewis

SgtLewis Newbie

Just based on my previous JB communities

1. It's not like the respawn command would be available to many people - only Admins. If you're nervous about your admins abusing then that's a problem in its own right.
    2. What do you mean nothing can be done about that? Just make it not a rule to snitch lol

At least you could make it so if an Admin sees an obvious freekill they can respawn, I know you have a rule about if you don't see you don't do

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  4. argony

argony Member

1. No, everyone's treated equal with the current system.

If PAs get the ability to respawn players it'll create situations where some players do get respawns because they saw it happen while others that got freekilled out of sight don't get the respawn.

It will become yet another frustrating thing to deal with for both the admins and players and because of that I feel that it's better to leave it as it is where when you get freekilled and if it's seen by an admin / the CT acknowledges it the T can (usually) decide whether the CT should slay or not.

2. They're terrorists in jail, they can do whatever they want just like in a real jail.

5. Boy

Boy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

I think respawning players after the cells are opened is a bit too late. And if the player happen to spawn in vent cell then boom!
    All clan members can respawn but not payadmins, i respawned players a few times on special occasions where T swap to CT cuz of less CTs then I respawn them or if a new player joins a team just after new round and the cells are still shut, i would respawn them. But not when they get freekilled or we would get respawn spam instead of freekill! XD

I also think snitching is gay but cant help if people choose to be gay. Sometimes if a player is afk, i think thats not snitching.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. SgtLewis

SgtLewis Newbie

Regards your answer to my first point - that makes sense from one side, but in another way, it isn't fair at all.
    I invited my friend to play, he was free killed either by accident or on purpose (either way he did absolutely nothing wrong) - then you have to just sit and watch a round out for, at maximum 20 minutes? He left in the end.
    -If you get freekilled, fair enough that freekiller is CT banned or what have you, but in no way is it fair that you have to then sit the round out due to no fault of your own while others are free to play.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 30, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 30, 2014 ---
    Oh, obviously, there's a limit about timing of respawning, but if a CT mass freekills four terrorists or whatever in the cells, all admins should have the power to respawn them and deal with the freekiller, then the round can quickly start afresh with no one annoyed.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 30, 2014 ---
    I also agree with you about snitching - fair enough in the cells if they're delaying LR, but snitching people trying to escape the map, that's dumb.

7. Boy

Boy Administrator

Yea thats one of the reason why I dont play jailbreak, i get bored sitting more than 2 mins doing nothing, let alone 20 mins. But every player waits it out, including clan members. Dont matter if you did something wrong or not.. And for mass freekills, well I think it might be quicker to carry on the round with half Ts dead than respawning everyone and restarting the round. Again, while all this happens, a real rebel who gets killed by a CT could also get a respawn between it? Thats unfair..

And if we focus on finding the real victims of freekills, it wouldnt be another 10 mins until we carry on playing JB after a discussion of who else was victim of freekill or if it was freekill or not. Atm we tend to encourage players to let it go and not get too serious about getting freekilled. With respawning I can imagine how badly players would want justice and the tries from rebel to get respawned.

Snitching, again I agree with you, its gay but we cant punish Ts for it. There are no rules for Ts on Jailbreak except universal server rules.

8. argony

argony Member

One could argue that a player trying to rebel while the majority just wants to play the game that the commander is bringing them to is just as "dumb" as you say it.

In general the only time that I see the Ts snitch on the rebel is when either A. they're the last 2 alive and want LR or B. when they're about to do something fun on the map and there's 1 - 2 Ts trying to ruin that.

C. would be the Ts ratting out the rebel for no reason which is something that I personally haven't seen happen all that much.

9. SgtLewis

SgtLewis Newbie

Choose how you want to play the game, by playing prison BREAK or jail BREAK you've kind of got to be prepared for people who want to rebel.
    I can't comment on how often it happens as I haven't played much, but I've seen it done 3 times in my 3 medium-lengthy sessions on the server.

10. Steezus

Steezus The Experienced
    Retired Member Mapper

The worst thing would be commanding a successful round.. someone gets freekilled.. they respawn in cells which is far from the players.. he can just walk into armoury and grab an awp.. gg.

11. ppengu

ppengu The Experienced
    Donator

I hate when people just randomly go and snitch, its the most boring thing ever. A lot of the funnier things happen when a rebel is around.

I will have no second thoughts on snitching on a T I feel has done nothing for to long, so I wouldn't want it removed or enforced as a rule as I would like to be able to say where useless T's are "Rebeling".

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. argony

argony Member

It's expected that players decide to rebel, it's jailbreak after all but those same players should also expect that others might enjoy following the commands to see where the commander leads them to.

Different players, different ways of enjoying the game after all.

13. ppengu

ppengu The Experienced
    Donator

As for the freekilling it doesn't happen a lot of rounds, and if they are any good they will manage to get the T's numbers pretty low. Hopefully a commander will release that people where freekilled and decide to have a quick round.

14. SgtLewis

SgtLewis Newbie

@steezey, you could make it so after cell doors are opened, or when Ts can speak on mic, no respawns are allowed. That way if you're freekilled in your cell you can be easily respawned and then follow the commands as given, but it also doesn't interfere with mid-game commands.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 30, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 30, 2014 ---
    You guys may not have known this, but there's the command !hrerespawn which respawns someone where they died, so if it's down to 3 terrorists left in a tense moment, and one is accidently freekilled - you could respawn that guy where he died within a matter of seconds like nothing happened :)

15. Nodari

Nodari The Experienced

Snitching is a choice even tho I hate anyone who does really snitch, still please don't make any rule for that.. it should remain a choice.

Plus we sometimes lie and don't really tell where the T is.. or more like we do, but an attack on the CT is planned. So taking snitching away would also not allow us to trick CT's into thinking we're snitching.

16. Enowww

Enowww The Experienced

Btw for clan members, /hrespawn is a command that respawns the player where he died. I do use this when I see that ppl get freekilled.

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. NeroDurr

NeroDurr Member

Maybe add Terrorist warden to the game? like when there's only 1 CT left some random T with a mic can type in chat !t to claim T warden and command him... if someone kills the CT without getting ordered from the T warden, then it counts as a freekill and must be slayed the next round.

18. WildFire

WildFire Administrator

No sorry. Doesn't sound interesting, why would you want to command just one CT? You would punish another T for 'rebeling' ?