1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jailbreak Guide

Discussion in 'Server Problems & Suggestions' started by WildFire, Jul 28, 2013.

1. WildFire

WildFire Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

JailBreak

Firstly, to understand the unwritten rules you'll need good knowledge of the server rules, common sense and above all else. Respect.

Jailbreak has become a server that has so many rules and guidelines that there will be some confusion. Fear not, I'll discuss the Do's and Don'ts and help expel those darn myths. Jailbreak is a dynamic game mode of CSS, I've tried to include all rules in this thread so I might of missed the odd one or two. This being said if an admin asks you to not do something, then you should still listen.

In this thread I'll discuss and answer any questions and include them in this thread so that we can collate all these rules in one place for anyone that requires them. This thread will be updated with each response as soon as I am available.

[Disclaimer: Please do not post if you don't have a genuine question, these rules won't be discussed in this thread, but can be discussed with me via steam.]. Any mention in lenience is to do with the players involved, in no way am I or ]HeLL[ endorse rule-breaking.

I would like to state that some of these rules may be bent depending on the traffic of players, players online and time of day. For example, At night when there is few players on, they aren't really bothered as much if you're messing around with them. However if you're asked to stop, please do so or you will be reported.

Firstly, we'll discuss the ratio of CT's to Ts. Depending on the map and skill of the commander/CT's, this will alter of course. But generally the ratio is 1:2, with acceptations to easily controllable maps. This will be 1:3.

"CT's must have a mic!" This is one of the most ideal rules, of course we prefer to have a commander over a CT without a mic, that's a given. The only case that there are allowed to be CT's without mics, would be if they are trusted or if there's no other CT's.

"Oh my god, I was teamkilled [as a CT] :'(" There's been some cases in which a CT purposely kills another CT and ruins the round, due to this. CT's are not allowed to teamkill, they are meant to be actively guarding and any nonsense of this kind will result in being moved.

"The commander ordered a T to kill me :(" This command is not allowed to be issued, alert an admin to deal with it or capture a demo.

"CTs are NOT allowed to give 'Toy Guns' Without permission of the commander, if you are found given a gun without permission, this is classed as gunplanting. Reason being that another CT unaware could have a gun pointed at them and react, the result is that you are responsible for the T's death.

"You are not allowed to repeat days" This is an obvious one, not only is it boring. This is also not allowed, for example you cannot command two wardays in a row or two zombie freedays. (Of course this is affected by the traffic of players, time and people in-game.)

"CT's are not allowed to exit armory via vent" This is due to the fact T's could be trying to enter that vent and if you leave that way, this is very unfair.

"CT's aren't allowed to camp in vents/secret areas" This is one of the most confusing ones because some admins aren't sure. So for this I will update this page with examples of vents/secret areas that are confirmed to be a camp free zone.

[​IMG]

This picture is an example of the characteristics of a secret room/vent. Being in one gives a distinct advantage over other players, such as this one way window. Obviously it would be unfair for a CT to hide in that room.

[​IMG]
    This picture is an example that is also counted as a secret room/vent. There's two ways to enter this room, through climbing or the secret teleport. Therefore this makes it only accessible by using secret means.

These both count as secret areas and cannot be camped during special days. Due to being only accessible by a secret teleport within the Talent area.

[​IMG]
    This picture is another example of a typical vent.

[​IMG]
    This is an example of a secret, only accessible by using a secret vent. CT's are not allowed here due to this and reduced damage taken by shooting through the glass.
    ** This area cannot be used by both Ts and CTs during FFD.

FAQ

"The rounds under control, I'll go play a game" CT's must be actively guarding, however it is acceptable to be relaxed and enjoy your self, so long as it does not risk 1. ruining the round or 2. the game-play for others. So if T's are doing bhop and you want to try it, don't...

"I want to drop my guns and pretend to be a T pls" No. You joined CT for a reason, Guard or move. Wasting time and baiting isn't allowed.

"I had no guns on me when I died from baiting, is that okay?" No, CT's are allowed to kill T's that are rebelling, this includes one that kills you for baiting. The reason being is because the T has took the bait. You are responsible for the players death and can be punished.

"Favoritism, Favoritism everywhere."CT's have to be impartial, T's obviously do not have to be when they are considering who they are choosing to die or have as their !lr partner. Generally CT's play games that have a winner for completing a game the fastest or completing an objective, this solves the favoritism issue.

"CTs should give warnings before killing people, except if it’s a rebelling or an escaping T" I cannot stress this rule enough, it's a simple rule but is still, to this day, an issue. CT's kill for the smallest reason, this affects the players who died's playing experience for accidentally brushing a key by accident. This would result in the CT being moved for being trigger happy. Of course Warnings aren't needed to be given to an escaping T or ones that are actively rebelling. [Active rebelling is using/un-holstering a primary/secondary weapon or causing damage to a CT]. This rule is also affected by traffic of players, players in-game, time, also the team ratio and capability of the CT team.

"Crouch follow/Shiftwalk Follow" This command may appear set the rules that the T's have to stay crouched/shiftwalk follow, but it doesn't. The commander must issue run/jump to die after the follow command. If a CT kills for this, then they are being trigger happy and should be moved by an admin online if they witnessed.

"Freeze unless in active !lr" This command can be issued if you want to keep the T's under control to the very end. Useful for preventing rebelling but careful not to box in the T so he can rebel and easily wipe you out.

"No Detours/Delays" This is one of the oldest commands on jailbreak. So old in fact, you needn't use it anymore. This is automatically implied, to an extent of course. Such as if the T crouchs slightly out the line, do not kill him, simply warn he T. However don't be a push over. This just depends on your judgement (and whether you're trigger happy or not.)

" A CT was baiting and I left clicked knifed him, why did I die? " Simply, you took the bait. Even though the CT baited, it's the admins job. Not yours to deal with these baiters, if you die over trying to be a hero, it's your own fault.

" I shot in the stack, what should I do? " No fear, accidents happen, simply allow them to get medic (if you're commander or ask the commander to let them get medic) If you kill one or more players, you may be punished, this will depend on the type of players on and if an admin was witness. If you are genuinely sorry, players may forgive you.

" I Freekilled, do I have to slay? :(" This depends on the person, commonly if you apologize sincerely you are forgiven, however if you're arrogant and argue you're more than likely asked to be slayed or slayed by an admin.

" I freekilled and apologized but was still slayed, wtf? " Just because you apologize doesn't give you permission to go unpunished, this depends on the admin, e.g. whether he believes you or not.

Please do not bait freekills e.g. Standing on vents and knifing around it or blocking to protect people who are rebelling. If you are baiting a freekill or protecting a rebel, you should expect to potentially die. We can consider this to be trolling if you're baiting freekills to force a person to slay.

" Crouch walk command cannot be issued " This rule is in place to prevent delaying rounds, main reason is because you move at a snails pace.

" Don't get medic during LR " This rule can only be exempted if both of the 'Partners' agree on it, such as if one is unprepared and is allowed to go to medic.

" As a CT Do not Camp Medic " This is a given, you're not allowed to have an infinite source of regenerative HP, get medic and go. Staying any longer then 10/20 seconds depending on increments of HP can get you slayed.

" No trick commands " Trick commands are considered as any commands issued that can be perceived as misleading or easily misunderstood. For example 'When I say Go which is not now, crouch to my spray... GOat" This can be misunderstood because it contains GO but it is still not the word Go, which can lead to a lot of T's dieing.

"I can be trigger happy, it keeps the round safe!" To an extent, yes. However the main objective of a CT is to guard as many T's to minigames so they can enjoy themselves and play games.

"Interfering with games is not allowed" CT's found messing around, preventing a round from progressing such as shooting the ball in football or messing around in games e.g. Bhop/Climb.

" Killing a T with a prop as a CT, accidental or on purpose " You are responsible for ruining that persons game play. It's up to them whether you slay or not, apologizing may save you.

" Do not ruin the game atmosphere " This is one of the most crucial and when you boil down all of our rules, this is what it comes to. Anything that can hinder a atmosphere, e.g. arguing, trolling and acting childish can all be punishable because of the support from this rule.

" No talking on mic when dead "This rule has been one that's talked about and the official rule is that; if no one is occupying the mic, such as commander. Dead people e.g. those that just joined. The alive players have priority of Mic time over the dead. Standard rules of No mic spam and Don't talk over commander also apply.

"Give warnings? I gave a T a warning shot" CT's must give warnings, this should be verbal or by text. As a last resort you can use warning shots, these can be falsely interpreted as free-shootings if not explained why you damaged them. It is understandable if you choose warning shots on a map that heavily favor T rebels such as Vipinthemix and Minecraft. This all comes down to whether you are trigger happy or not. If given enough complaints, you may be moved to the other team if you continue.

"I'm a CT and I want that secret nade/Weapon!" No, these aren't allowed. There may be some lenients, but game changing weapons e.g. Secret Awp/P90 on Canyondam is very unfair on Ts. Obviously it's unfair for CTs too, but it's still allowed.

"In Last Request Gun Toss, what is a Custom LR and What is a Rule?" Custom LR is anything that involves drastically changing the normal routine gun toss, e.g. nading it or knife tossing it. Can be declined due to it being a custom. Whereas Rules are put in place by the T restricting the CT and T from doing certain things e.g. No Jumping, No Bhopping or No strafing. Which can't be declined.

The final 2 Ts MUST be given LR regardless of completing a game, unless rebelling as the objective of Jailbreak is to have 2 Ts playing last requests. The rebelling T will be pardoned if they manage to LR.

Gun spamming is NOT allowed, this is excessively dropping guns ontop of each other, this causes lag on the server from the guns flicking against each other. Clearing guns from areas Ts are not in is not allowed. You should be helping the commander.

There is only one commander, please do not issue fake commands including T's, this is not allowed.

There are two main days that ]HeLL[ Jail Break uses as 'cooling periods' These are:

- Zombie Freeday
    o A zombie freeday is when all T's are to act like zombies. There are certain rules that protect zombies from the CT's, these include:
    x Zombies can only shiftwalk (default Key is shift, that is why it has this name)
    x Zombies cannot climb, run or jump. This may include swimming if stated as you need to hold down jump to stay afloat or exit a pool.
    x Zombies can only left click knife (This would do 20 damage, not 65. Don't get confused!)

Jailbreak is a dynamic environment and we prefer fast rounds on these days, generally if there's an issue of delaying such as CT's camping in an out of reach place or Zombies just not rebelling. Then Admins can act and ask CT's to move. Ct's can also issue commands where zombies can evolve. This would be like "Zombies evolve at 5:30, Zombies can then run/jump/climb"

- Warday
    o A warday is when the commander issues a designated area where CT's are allowed to camp and shoot on sight. An example of this would be pool, disco or climb. Rules of a warday are:
    x Warday means you can have a "war" and attack each other in that specfic location, not elsewhere. That goes for both CTs and Ts - not only CTs. So if a T attacks a CT outside of warday area, he can be killed for rebelling.
    x CT's are allowed to shoot anyone they can see from the designated war zone.
    x T's should go directly to armory, if you attack a CT or rush within knifing distance, you may be killed. CT's should be quickly going to war zone and not delay.
    x If a T has exited vent and is not actively rebelling e.g. rushing or shooting etc. Then the CT should warn the T and continue to go to war zone. It can be viewed as being trigger happy to kill them and you may be swapped.

Please do not waste special days. For example, if you are the tank or Mike Myers, do not intentionally slay yourself or leave. You MAY be banned.

Please do not press any friendly fire buttons during a special day.

Friendly fire cannot be turned on by anyone other than the commander unless the commander says so. This is for CTs and Ts.

As a rough guideline how Simon Says works for T's.
    - if "Simon" gives a command to take a certain stance/state of being, then you should assume to do that command until told otherwise.
    - if "Simon" gives a command to perform a single action, then you should assume to do that command once.

Explanation:
    - "Simon Says crouch", T's should stay crouched until simon says otherwise. -stance/state of being
    - "Simon Says jump" T's would only perform 1 jump. -single action
    - "Simon Says face away from Simon" would mean T's would need to keep facing away from Simon. -stance/state of being

Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 7
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. WildFire

WildFire Administrator

Reserved FAQ section.

3. Revoke

Revoke Member
    Donator

Hi Wild, I have a few questions to ask about that aren't covered in your (great) guide.

Firstly, If someone kills the commander (with a knife) and someone else picks up the command, can they then kill the person who killed the commander or are they protected by the freeday rule? Most people play it that he should be killed on sight, but some clarification would be great.

Secondly, If someone rebels from the commanders rules (e.g they run off somewhere) and the commander then dies and a new commander picks up, are the people who previously rebelled still rebellers, or is that down to the new commander?

I wouldn't mind knowing a little more about when an admin should use the !o and !c commands for cell doors too. I understand that some times it is needed, but quite often it seems it is used just to stop lazy commanders from having to walk to or shoot a cell button, which actually does interfere will gameplay as there is obviously a lot less chance of them being caught by a T if the button is close to Cells.

Also, are there any default rules to the gun toss !lr? Quite a few times I've seen Ts who have no mic, type no rules or genuinely have no clue what they're doing. They just drop their gun without saying anything and then continue to not type or say anything, leaving the CT a little confused as to what he should then be doing and who should be killed.

I did have some other things to ask, but I've forgot.
    Thanks

Revoke.

4. argony

argony Member

For the first and second question: A rebel will always remain a rebel. If no one picks up the commands then everyone has a freeday except for the person that killed the commander, he / she can always get killed by a CT.

The only time that a rebel can't be killed is when the new commander decides to excuse the rebel and allows him / her to come back. *This often happens when a CT baited*

Can't help you with the third question.

The default rules of gun toss would be the furthest gun wins, but if the T that started the LR just randomly throws it then there's really no saying as to what that person wanted so it'd be best to ask an admin ( granted that one is online on the server) what to do.

5. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

T kills a CT = Rebel

First answer answers this question too.

The open and close command are for admins who are in CT team only. They can be used just like when they use the cells buttons in the map. They are allowed to use this command interchangeably. Some feel its unfair because they didnt move or spent time to open/close the cells... If they feel such, I would suggest them not to use it.

All LRs should be played fairly. If they lose the gun toss, CT should kill them.

6. Psikosis

Psikosis Member

If they kill commander and the new commander wants to let them live they can still survive but most of the time they will kill the rebeller.

If they run off then the commander dies you can't really know if they ran off during the "freeday" period so I wouldn't kill them just for that fact.

The !o and !c commands are really for wardays and closing cells on maps that cant really be closed on maps such as Avalanche and possibly to help Ts get out of cells when they get told to stack on cell button.

The default rules for !lr gun toss are furthest gun not meter wins, but if the throw from the spot the ct will have to go to that spot they throw it from and throw it further if the T kills him that's cheating in !lr

7. Revoke

Revoke Member
    Donator

Thanks for the replies. Though some are a little confusing. Especially the replies by Nomy, ha ha.

For the 2nd question, I would play it (as a CT) like Psikosis said, it's not always easy to proove who has previously rebelled, but there are times when you know that a certain person, and only that one person, has run away. If the new commander (after the old has died) decides to kill the person who ran away, is the new commander in the wrong? I'd like to know so I can make the right call as an admin.

Cheers Psikosis for clearing up the default gun toss thing ;]

8. argony

argony Member

If the new commander is a 100% sure that , that T has rebelled ( this can be checked by looking in the console ) then the new commander is allowed to kill that T.

If the old commander dies and the Ts start running then the new commander has to tell them to stop before being allowed to kill them. This does not include the T that has killed a CT though.

9. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

I didn't read properly it seems...

Basically argony and psikosis have answered the 2nd question quite clearly. I would say the same.

I would tell em to come back to the stack or where ever, if they don't, they are still rebelling...

10. Revoke

Revoke Member
    Donator

OK, thanks for clearing that up :rnod:

11. hucking

hucking Veteran Member
    Donator

I'm still confused about the second question, I was told by crazeman that these Ts can be shot on sight if commander wishes it so (or any CT really, unless commander says otherwise) since they have rebelled previous commands, is that true?

Also, two more questions
    1: If someone says: "Psikosis stack on my spray" and I change my name to psikosis and run there (assuming the previous command was to freeze somewhere) can I be shot, and if I can be shot, what if I had that name before the commander commanded it (aka we both were named psikosis).
    2: If a T jump on top of lava and activates lr (let's say hot potato or russian rullete), is that unfair lr? Do they have to slay if they lost? Or do they have to slay even if they won?

12. Psikosis

Psikosis Member

Basically unless you're 100% sure they rebelled last commands then kill them if you want unless new commander says they can live.

Question 1. if you had it before the commander commanded it then you live otherwise the person who changed their name should die because they're rebelling.

Question 2. This is unfair !lr the T should slay if they win but if they lose they should'nt do this again an should be warned by an admin not to do it again.

13. hucking

hucking Veteran Member
    Donator

nvm. psikosis :h:

14. Philster10

Philster10 Member

To be honest the second question would dictate that if someone ran off when the 1st commander died (on the freeday) then the 2nd commander would be clear to shoot all the Ts that moved...

15. hucking

hucking Veteran Member
    Donator

You don't get the question, the question was let's say a commander says all Ts stack in bottom of cell ramp, and someone goes into pool. Can he be shot after commander dies...

16. Philster10

Philster10 Member

Ahh in that case, I don't think so unless ofcourse the new commander notices him running that way.
    I think this question is highly situational at the end of the day, think common sense would dictate each time.

17. Boy

Boy Administrator

I wouldnt, I wouldnt even kill him if im the same commander still alive, il ask him nicely to come back to the stack from pool and if he does, il leave him. Unless hes ran off to somewhere you cant see and think he might have a gun when hes back then yea il kill him or let other CTs know to keep an eye out for him.

If you go by books and say he rebelled, well everyone is almost rebelling at the start of round when you tell em to AFK free because hardly anyone goes afk frozen. Thats also rebelling?

Just a note to all CTs: Nobody will like you if you are being strict. If you wanna enjoy and let others enjoy, give chances instead of finding reasons to kill the Ts.

Also the name changing situation that goes on JB, it can be a bannable offence if you keep changing your name. Its called name change spam, doesn't look nice.

18. p0nZ

p0nZ The Experienced

Good job wildfire!

19. hucking

hucking Veteran Member
    Donator

Main reason me and revoke are asking this is cause there's a map where you can spam the door in medic... as the round started I ran into medic and spammed it, the CTs shot at me (or at least tried) and camped outside medic while all the Ts went into climb or something. Commander died so I stopped spamming the door, next thing I know 5 seconds later I got a CT that comes in and headshots me. Both me and revoke weren't sure if it was a freekill...

20. Psikosis

Psikosis Member

With this post i think you hit the nail on the head there.

but everyone has their own way of commanding some more lenient than others such as Ainsley and Ganjaman both loved by the fact they have their own techniques of commanding.

I think the strictness will count on how many people are on the server an what type of map it is.