1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jailbreak Server improvements and suggestions!

Discussion in 'Server Problems & Suggestions' started by TheCookieMonster, Apr 14, 2011.

1. TheCookieMonster

Having finally had the chance to play on the jailbreak server last night, it is pretty good. But, me and DYSM have come up with a few suggestions to improve it.

1. If a T rebels (ie shoots/knifes a T) they should be coloured red, like a skin etc. This makes it easy to identify rebels and most of the best servers use this. It make life MUCH easier.

2. A few more map choices in the nominate menu. (Suggested by DYSM)

3. Round length increased.

4. More 'expansive' rules, with much more coverage. There are many basic jailbreak rules which aren't listed, so I'll go ahead and put a rules list below:

1. To join a CT, you MUST have a mic, and it MUST be clear.
    2. Administrators word is final.
    3. If the cell doors open and close, it is a freeday for Ts.
    4. If the cell doors open without commands being given, it is a freeday for Ts.
    5. State at the beginning of a round whether you play the unfreeze rule.
    6. Even on a freeday, vents and the armoury are strictly out of bounds.
    7. Camping in the armoury/vent is forbidden for CTs.
    8. CTs should try give warning shots and speak into mic before killing people. If they have rebelled, or are in armoury/in vent/knifing vent they, need no warning.
    9. Camping in the medic room is forbidden for CTs.
    10. CTs cannot order Ts to do something which will kill them 9ie jump off a tall building.
    11. CTs cannot order Ts to stay in cells/go in cells.
    12. CTs cannot bait. Ts cannot kill baiting CTs.
    13. CTs cannot gunplant.
    14. CTs can only protect armoury/vents and give timeframes in lr.
    15. In an lr, only those involved are allowed to kill.
    16. Don't glitch the armoury doors.
    17. Don't speak over the CT giving commands.
    18. If an administrator swaps your team, stay on the team you have been swapped to.

Well, these are my suggestions for the jailbreak server! please consider them. I'll add/change suggestions from the thread and add them to this post for easy access. Thanks for your time.

--Cookie

2. suRpr1zE

suRpr1zE Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Epic rules! Thanks so much for the suggestion! Just a few rules I think should be changed:

5. State at the beginning of a round whether you play the unfreeze rule or otherwise.

Play the unfreeze rule? What's that?

8. CTs should give warning shots and speak into mic before killing people.
    If you say like in the beginning before the cells open: "If you break the vent you will die", and the T breaks the vent he doesn't need a warning shot or another warning. You could state in the beginning that it's the only warning.
    Plus: "...before killing people.", even if they are rebels? Players could abuse this rule, needs to be re-phrased.

3. Lenneth

Lenneth Veteran Member

The unfreeze rule i believe is after you finished command, you have to specify to the T's that you've finished, and they can start moving to objective.

The other rule IS quite difficult i agree, because certain actions are considered more worthy of a warning than others eg. Running instead of walking should be classified as a 'warning', whilst knifing the vent could be considered as an instant death, especially if the CTalready said 'dont knife the vent'. Rebels are considered to be 'shoot on sight' targets, unless it was something accidental, like they tried to get rid of nadesand it accidentaly hit a CT

4. TheCookieMonster

Surprize, unfreeze rule is where if a CT says freeze, Ts are frozen until the Ct says otherwise. No playing that rule means just command as appropriate. Also, I'll edit the OP.

5. Pagno

Pagno The Experienced
    Retired Member

Amazing rules! Good job

6. Jeez

Jeez The Experienced

1. We have chosen NOT to have that colored skin for rebels.

Thanks for suggestions and help.
    Btw, server isn't published yet! It's out for testing, so not completely done yet.

7. Lenneth

Lenneth Veteran Member

1. Why's that then? It like a basic on JB servers :s Still, its pretty good atm.

2. I thought it had been officially released.

Anyway, its a good job so far, these are just little addittions that make life that luttle bit easier :)

8. Jeez

Jeez The Experienced

1. Because it was auto-slaying CTs if you killed someone who wasn't counted as a rebel. And it just makes it way too easy for the CTs. Ts should be able to hide (also among other terrorist) even when they are a rebel. It's a part of the game. CTs should be able to keep the Ts straight. Besides, you can see in the chat a text saying "Jeez is now a rebel". That colored skin ruins a part of the game.

2. Yes, my mistake. I saw now that it's officially released. Sorry.

9. suRpr1zE

suRpr1zE Administrator

OK, I see. But you should edit the rule then and remove the: "... or otherwise." Because if you keep it it will state that you have to also say if you're not going to play it.

10. Boy

Boy Administrator

Nice one, keep the suggestions coming guys!

11. TheCookieMonster

Now that i've played longer Jeez, I'm starting to agree with that decision. It makes it more mysterious and challenging xD

12. Jeez

Jeez The Experienced

:)

13. Lenneth

Lenneth Veteran Member

Yeah, i've also found it to be a lot more fun and tense, not knowing which T was very naughtu, and not trusting any of them :p

14. Komi

Komi Member

1) Ok, First of all im asking you, admins to spect more, because the freekilling rate on the server is just..... OUGH. Like.. you guys just don`t look when someone says "a freekill" just keep playing normally.... if it will continue so the freekills wont ever stop...
    (im just trying to make the server better)

2) Second its very important that only players older then 14 with microphone and knowledge about the Jailmode rules with some experience will be able to play as CT.

3) I played many jail servers before and some of them had !LR set to 1 terrorist so there have to be only one terrorist left to type LR, i personally liked it much more and i recommend it to this server too.

4) It would be nice if you could open a threat on the site forums with requests for punishing freekillers.

5) Its not cool that you look servers list, see that this server is not full, then going in and enjoying that the only team is not full is specters room......

6) Adding some maps as well, better don`t add a 1000 maps that no one knows, there are few maps i can recommend from my own,
    ba_jail_mars
    ba_jail_mini
    those are my favorite along with ba_jail_summer.

7) adding some rules:
    a) Terrorists that talking in thier cells will die (to give CT a chance to command)
    b) Freekillers that suicede in the end of the round have to suicide again in the next one (its not fair because he only lose points and not waiting in specs like his victim)
    c) CT have to say (("xxxx 1, xxxx2, xxxx3"))
    (xxxx=crouch/run/walk/jump/whatever...)
    before killing a terrorist, for example: sheriff bill says crouch into the big jail, bob runs into the big jail. sheriff bill have to say "crouch 1 crouch2 crouch3" before killing him, otherwise it will be a freekill.
    d) Every command that have been wrote in the chat will not be count as a command)
    e) If CT gives T a weapon, and T doesen`t shoot, CT`s can`t kill him until someone tell him to drop it and he do not (or he aiming on the CT, look (f)) and the CT that gave him a weapon should suicide (if its not a part of a game or deal between CT and T to punish a freekiller when no admins online).
    f) CT can kill T that have a pistol only after they tell him to drop and say:
    "drop the wep1 drop the wep2 drop the wep3"
    or if he aiming on the ct (instant kill)
    if T pick up a main gun, CT can kill him only after saying:
    "drop the wep1 drop the wep2 drop the wep3"
    or: if T aiming on CT
    or: if T switch to a knife without droping it. (every T with a wep on the back should die

I think its all what im remembering now, thanks for reading it and i hope you will think about those suggestions :)

15. Jeez

Jeez The Experienced

1. The server was just released, many of the players don't know the rules quite yet. They find it new. Therefor we haven't been to strict yet, we should give them room to learn in my opinion. As I said, the server was just released, it will calm down and people will learn with time. You can use voteban, and we will ban people who continuously freekill.

2. How can we check that every player is over 14 and has experience? In my opinion everyone should be able to enjoy the game, as long as they don't break any server rules or ruing the gameplay. As I said above, people are still learning. Patience mate.

3. It would take too much time if only the last T could !lr, simply because there's so many players. The limit is 2 now, I think that's good enough.

4. Use the "report a player" section. But like I said, give people room to learn. Try to teach them and help them.

5. Yea I know. Don't know what we can do about that... Maybe Nomy has some magic in his pocket.

16. Nomy

Nomy Administrator

I didn't understand what he said in number 5. Can someone rephrase what he wrote?

EDIT: Understood, thanks Jeez.

17. Jeez

Jeez The Experienced

[big]A message to ALL the players who's playing in the JB server:[/big]

Please don't be too strict on the rules quite yet. The gameplay is still very new to many, so please be patient.
    I know it's annoying and all that, but try to help them and explain them how it works. It will all work out in the end.
    So please don't report every single one who's freekilling or doing anything wrong. Be patient.

And thanks to everyone helping out, on the server and coming with suggestions here!
    Let's make the best jailbreak server out there! :)

18. Bloody

Bloody Veteran Member

are ct's allowed to camp? just wondering because otherwie a auto bacon wud be handy! :D and I realised that i love jailbreak :p

19. Jeez

Jeez The Experienced

I'm working on the server rules as we speak :)

20. Lenneth

Lenneth Veteran Member

I agree totally w/ Jeez, but I think to help neqbies along, there should be quite a lot of advertising about typing !rules into chat. Also, on the subject of CT's, we should make sure that most, if not all CT's have a mic...i went onto a silent server, and it was just absolute carnage...

Bloody, it depends on where you camp; you can camp anywhere you like except medic room, armoury, or the vent.
    I know, its fun isn't ut :D

On the subject of beacons :)p), we get a lot of people of freedays being accidentaly killed, is there any way to get a command for a T to get a beacon without an admin being there?